What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 11 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
The magic round (although there's no magic Dragons this year, but they'll be happy to get a gift two points).

Tomorrow, Canberra and Canterbury ignite it. There's mixed reaction at the Raiders in regard to Sticky being renewed as coach for another five years. He's an abrasive character but very popular with players, which is what really counts, isn't it? He'll want a premiership soon though.

Manly and Brisbane are the main game, and there's not a huge amount separating these two, when they both play to their potential, with full-strength line-ups. That hasn't been happening lately, so let's give the Broncos the edge, as they're comfy in their Friday night slot, again. This time with an extra hyped-up crowd.

Saturday, will Fifita have a monster magic round game since - eventually - saying the GC is for him? Or will the scrappy Knights show him what real heart and soul footy is all about? The Sharks and Roosters is the round's blockbuster. There's not many GF prospects that don't involve Penrith or the Storm but this is one of them.

Warriors fans don't want the Bunnies to upset NQ, as the bottom of the ladder is a real possibility for us, but the Cowboys are facing six straight losses, so the 'upset' is on.

Sunday, three games on the magic third day, Penrith are without Cleary but the Warriors are without Johnson, we know who's affected more by that. Melbourne shouldn't stuff up against a ridiculously struggling Parramatta, who have 'no will to win' and won't 'dig deep' (as a fan in the street, decked out in Eels' gear, told me yesterday).

We finish with Wests and Redcliffe, as if the Tigers needed to lose their home-ground advantage to a confident Dolphins outfit. Benji knew what he signed up for though, as did wily Wayne. We know who has the runs on the board there.

Enjoy!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Walsh out for Brisbane, they will still lap us though

Finally the end of the ridiculous 5 year streak of playing our home game against them at Suncorp

Blair

Coach
There's never a dull moment off the field in the NRL!

Things have gotten better though, in regard to, say, David Gallop's days as CEO. I remember him saying he used to dread checking his phone on Monday mornings!

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Lol, Latrell saw Braith Anasta out so invited him outside for a stoush, what an idiot
He's literally the biggest f**kwit in the game, but wants to believe it's because of his ethnicity.

Apparently Anasta (who I'm not a big fan of, incidentally) can't discuss how f**king shithouse the Rabbits are, and how they basically lay down and played dead to get their coach gone?

Rapana gets 10mins with a penalty 20m out and a kick going dead. Penalty for sure but no chance in helll of a try.
We have a player tackled in the air over the line and got nothing.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
He's literally the biggest f**kwit in the game, but wants to believe it's because of his ethnicity.

Apparently Anasta (who I'm not a big fan of, incidentally) can't discuss how f**king shithouse the Rabbits are, and how they basically lay down and played dead to get their coach gone?
Wendell Sailor has said he has had the same experience with Latrell as well. The team is running last, they are going to attract criticism

Papalli hip drop landed on his own players leg which pushed on Kikau.
10 in the bin.
DWZ can't buy a hip drop and he trying to sell them.

I believe we get neither of those calls.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Entertaining game of footy, probably should be Dogs up by 20. 13 on 11 to start the 2nd half
Entertaining for sure, a bit of a comedy of errors though. I think there’s only been one try that was actually created by attacking play

lol as I type that make it two, dogs are going to punish the Raiders for their ill discipline

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Entertaining for sure, a bit of a comedy of errors though. I think there’s only been one try that was actually created by attacking play

lol as I type that make it two, dogs are going to punish the Raiders for their ill discipline
Yep, and the Dogs have made at least 3-4 clean line breaks that they have butchered

Rapana has a brain fart at least once a game