What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 8 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Anzac Day round is always full of emotion and sentiment, reflection too, and Manly will have a double dose after losing a club legend in Terry Hill.

Today, there's three games, with the Warriors breaking with recent tradition by bypassing the Storm and taking on the Titans at home. The Roosters host St George, keeping tradition alive and Melbourne have a Rabbitohs side who may have wished it was still the Warriors getting smashed instead. Surely the Souths coach doesn't survive an Anzac day mauling?

Friday, sad scenes at Brookie. Will they combine the minute's silence for both the fallen soldiers and their fallen soldier? Parramatta will look to spoil the occasion regardless.

Saturday has Wests looking for an upset over Brisbane. The Tigers can't lose three in a row. We know that starts a familiar slide for them and Benji might not have the experience to stop it, not that experience helped Sheens last year. Up in Townsville the Cowboys take on Penrith, an upset looks unlikely there too. Cleary and Luai are back together, in fact Penrith look at full strength, whilst NQ were weak last week, so confidence may be down.

Sunday, if the Dolphins can beat Newcastle - albeit a Ponga-less one - in a scrappy, run-of-the-mill NRL fixture like this, then they can aim up at the better sides knowing they've got a solid block to play on. We close with Sticky's Raiders hosting Fitzy's Sharks. That's a horrow show in the coaches' box! I think I'd rather run at the Turks than face either of them after a loss.

Enjoy.

Blair

Coach
What a start to Dragons and Roosters, hope there is 75 more mins of it !!
Sam Walker is having a good one, 36-12, Roosters, twenty mins to go.

It's almost like the Warriors were just really bad last week rather than the Dragons really good.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
This is actually a worrying result for the rest of the comp if it unlocks the Roosters attack for the rest of the year

Waiting for the first person to say Dragons can’t win the comp coz they gave up 50

Blair

Coach
This is actually a worrying result for the rest of the comp if it unlocks the Roosters attack for the rest of the year

Waiting for the first person to say Dragons can’t win the comp coz they gave up 50
I'll just report the facts, 60-18, Roosters. Final. It's the Roosters biggest ever win over St George, to do it on Anzac Day is something else.

Walker kicked ten from ten too. So if they score tries, or get kickable penalties, then they'll likely maximise points in future games too.

TMM can play, it’s just like he is being frozen out of the attack or something at the moment, is very strange. Kearney would have chucked Tohu in there
Seemed to only get the ball when SJ tackled on last.
If SJ isn't training with team, what the hell is happening with Martin getting the reps in and not getting the shot on the field.

Blair

Coach
Nice it's not us this year.
Man we need a decent 6.
70-10, remember! It was so bad that the three points I gave was to Matt Lodge, for a big hit on a Storm forward taking the ball up from yet another Warriors kick-off.

It was about the 77th minute and (my memory's clear on this) I said 'at the very least it reminded the Storm player that he was actually playing first grade'.

Big Marn

Juniors
Dragons and Souths officially out of the running for the premiership. The 50 burger rule has been applied.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Was actually a bizarre game as there were large sections of it the Storm didn’t score and Souths looked ok then instantly it would be try after try again

Latest posts