What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 9 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
We're back already? I feel emotionally exhausted after the long round just gone!

Tonight, Sharks v Cows. Can Payten jag a big morale booster?

Friday, the Eels v Knights then Broncos v Rabbitohs in a blockbuster.

Saturday, and the Raiders will want to avenge their prior loss to the Dolphins, how well will the latter fare in cold Canberra? Manly v Titans, two sides not playing well but at least one is still getting ladder points. Panthers v Wests, the poor Tigers. A Wests win here would be just awesome though.

Sunday, the battle-scarred Warriors at home to the Chooks then typical Sydney fare, St George v Bulldogs, with at least one of those coaches sweating badly on the result.

Enjoy.

Blair

Coach
1/3 of the year gone, and this game isn’t over, but I’ve seen enough to put a line through the Cowboys this year
I'm not sure what the Cowboys are waiting for? They're twenty behind, twenty to go, and they won't take a chance in the opposition half?

38-6 now, Whispers are that Payten has hooked the skipper, Chad, to make a statement to the rest of 'em.

They're playing terribly.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
It’s hard to believe they could be so poor, when quite a few of their squad played under Paul Green so should have been running off that emotion

Payten made a big error in the off-season pulling back on them instead of working them hard, in a way reminds me of 2004 when Daniel Anderson pulled the wrong rein in the off season bulking all the players up

Blair

Coach
It’s hard to believe they could be so poor, when quite a few of their squad played under Paul Green so should have been running off that emotion

Payten made a big error in the off-season pulling back on them instead of working them hard, in a way reminds me of 2004 when Daniel Anderson pulled the wrong rein in the off season bulking all the players up
All Payten needs now is for the owner to call the best player - JT - into his office for a 'footy or family?' ultimatum. The season's disaster will be complete.

JJ

Immortal
Sharks look terrific too, that performance against us might have been a wake up call

Blair

Coach
Bryce Cartwright's 150th. He's had a strange NRL journey. A Panthers 'golden, young superstar", then left for the Titans under a cloud, now at Parra and going, um, OK I guess.

He doesn't play rep footy, that wasn't predicted when he was at Penrith. I'm not sure I like him much, if I have an opinion at all.

The Eels look like they'll be dealing to Newcastle tonight. 18-6, so far.

Ofahiki Ogden is going good for Parra. He was one of our promising juniors and NSW Cup stars who got poached by the Bulldogs for the 2018 season.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Souths are giving the Broncos a lesson in what it means to be a genuine contender.

Walsh has had some nice touches in attack but is he being found wanting in defence again? Particularly against a top side that are dominating?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
That binning of Murray at the start of the game was absolutely ridiculous, he was running the line of the ball and made no play at the man. Also thought Latrell could have easily gone for a punch on Reynolds at one point but not even a penalty

That moustache makes Mitchell so much more unlikable lol

nswarrior

Juniors
Will the Broncos go the same way as last season, start really well but fade away as we go the the pointy end of the season

JJ

Immortal
They miss Haas hugely, as anyone would he’s insane…. Flegler, Carrigan just ok for me, for all the media Carrigan is getting he’s a way below the best 13s

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Apparently Souths had 14 players on the field for 30s or so- real chance they could lose their 2 points for that

Blair

Coach
Don’t think that’s ever been done before, the infringing team loses points but the opponent doesn’t get handed them
It's the same with salary cap rorting. But I reckon the 2007 and 2009 premierships should've still gone to the 'losing' grand finalists, Manly and Parramatta.

Back to the future...30-all, a thriller in Wagga, five mins to go.

31-30, Raiders. Final. Another big comeback by the Dolphins, from 18-0 down, but one quick kick by Fogerty and they go home pointless.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
We are always dreadful in the wet and get enough practice playing in the rain !

sim binning crushers now, that’s a new one