What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Salary Cap/CBA -2023 - 2027

siv

First Grade
Good to see the RLPA also acknowledge the agreement

The Rugby League Player’s Association is pleased to advise that it has reached in-principle agreement with the NRL on an historic collective bargaining agreement.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Good to see the RLPA also acknowledge the agreement

The Rugby League Player’s Association is pleased to advise that it has reached in-principle agreement with the NRL on an historic collective bargaining agreement.
Are you high?

The statement was joint from both bodies, try reading

siv

First Grade
Are you high?

The statement was joint from both bodies, try reading
Many times statements have been made on the NRL website, only to have the RLPA do a counter claim on the RLPA website

Its been that way for 2 years

So to see the RLPA website actually say it, says its agreed this time

Frailty

First Grade
Wonder what the NRL is paying Abdo. Seems like he is the most ineffectual CEO in sport.

I'm trying to find it, but it seems like even clubs CEOs are under the impression that unless PVL is involved, nothing is getting done.

Maximus

Coach
Wonder what the NRL is paying Abdo. Seems like he is the most ineffectual CEO in sport.

I'm trying to find it, but it seems like even clubs CEOs are under the impression that unless PVL is involved, nothing is getting done.

People here like to personally attack Newton, but it seems Abdo was the biggest problem all along. The moment he gets removed a deal is done

People here like to personally attack Newton, but it seems Abdo was the biggest problem all along. The moment he gets removed a deal is done

All reports say both Clint and Abdo were in that final meeting. As such you can't say it was just Abdo nor just Clint as the problems. It was noticeable that most of the praise was aimed at the RLPA Chair, Deidre Anderson and at PVL for getting the deal done. My suspiscion is they were the moderating influences on that final negotiation.

All reports say both Clint and Abdo were in that final meeting. As such you can't say it was just Abdo nor just Clint as the problems. It was noticeable that most of the praise was aimed at the RLPA Chair, Deidre Anderson and at PVL for getting the deal done. My suspiscion is they were the moderating influences on that final negotiation.
I still reckon it could’ve been resolved sooner over a Yum-Cha and few dozen Crown Lagers. Yum-Cha and Crownies make the world go round.

Wb1234

Referee
Deal got done because Clint got put on a leash

abdo got tired of his underhanded negotiating tactics

abdo is a star with all the money he’s brought into the game

Iamback

Coach

That is it. Neither Newton or Abdo comes out of this looking good

Frailty

First Grade
There are literally club CEOs saying there is no point meeting with Abdo unless V'Landys is involved.

He may be a good operator, but it's clear clubs and players don't see him as having any authority.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So, PVL said that if he could get some of the players in the room, he’d have it sorted within 48 hours.
Once he’s back in the country, he’s got them round the table, and looks like it will be sorted.
Wonder if he’ll get any credit for it?
Sounds like hes caved in, just like he did to the tv execs lol