What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL set for another salary cap scandal

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.n...cap-scandal-reports/zrgwk3fl59cl1jf00b0jwb02a

This doesn't really surprise me but manly being over the cap kind of does. Their roster isn't a superstar roster compared to some other teams in the top 8.

The storm have got it right having a few superstar players and basing the rest of the squad around them. I don't think they're over.

Cronulla I'm not too sure about. Their roster is pretty amazing but they groomed their players pretty well leading up to the grand final run when a lot of them were definitely not on much. They're probably under.

Broncos are definitely f**king over. i don't know how much more obvious it could possibly be.

Cowboys definitely seem like they're over.

Roosters are suspicious as. They honestly have the most stars in their top 17 out of any other club.

Eels can't be stupid enough to be over the cap twice.

Dragons aren't. There's no way.

Bulldogs are having major cap issues apparently.

Would be kind of hilarious if Souths were over. But I doubt they would let that happen. We haven't bought anyone significant in a long time.

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
Penwiff also have quite a few on hefty coin.
They have been on a spree in recent years.
Roosters may or may not, a lot have come up through with the club but in everyone else's eyes are always over the cap lol.
Sharks, Cows and Broncos are probably over it but Broncos and Cows will not get caught.
It would be hilarious if it was the Bulldogs.

Re Manly their squad is not as strong as 3-7 years ago but this may go back several seasons.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Penwiff also have quite a few on hefty coin.
They have been on a spree in recent years.
Roosters may or may not, a lot have come up through with the club but in everyone else's eyes are always over the cap lol.
Sharks, Cows and Broncos are probably over it but Broncos and Cows will not get caught.
It would be hilarious if it was the Bulldogs.

Re Manly their squad is not as strong as 3-7 years ago but this may go back several seasons.

Penrith are pretty suspicious but then you look at their halves, hooker and bench and they could probably be under the cap.

I think the problem with the roosters is the fact that they have so many origin/test stars in their 17. I don't really mind the roosters though because they also have weak points in their team. Especially right now.

I just can't see how the broncos
and cowboys can get away with it though. It's actually ridiculous how their excuse is TPA agreements and players wanting to stay for less!

Pommy

Coach
The thing with Broncos is it's so obvious that they must be over but the NRL have been signing off on all these deals.
I don't believe the NRL haven't been looking in to this.
If the Broncos are over I'm sure they are being smart enough to no get caught.

southsport

First Grade
Josh Massoud on Ch 7 news named Nate Myles and Dylan Walker as the players involved in the manly investigation.

Pommy

Coach
Why don't players get hit in the investigations.
I'm sure they know it's not above board.

Latest posts