What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL State Championship 2016 - Burleigh Bears (QLD) V Illawarra Steelers (NSW)

The Partisan

Thought I'd start the discussion on this week's NRL main curtain raiser.

Firstly we've avoided the TV directors dilemna of teams with same / similiar colours clashing as would have occurred with a Redcliffe / Illawarra game !!!

If the last two games are anything to go by it should be another great spectacle. How the coaching staff manage the team's emotions and injuries will be the key.

Actually heard about the concept becoming a reality when in England for the 2013 RLWC. Chatted with a slightly sozzled John Grant in a Warrington pub after the QF between Samoa and Fiji who responded to my somewhat slurred request for this game to become a reality with news of its rollout in 2014.

no name

Coach
Burleigh v Illawarra is a 'worse' colour match up than Redcliffe v Illawarra, as it's predominantly maroon v all red.
Redcliffe wore a predominantly white strip.
It still should be pretty easy to distinguish (hopefully anyway)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Pretty sure Illawarra have a white strip as do Burleigh

no name

Coach
Yeah, I reckon Burleigh will win too.
However if Mounties won, I probably would have thought they would win.
Good odds about the Bears atm

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
CtZh3mhUIAA6VGE.jpg:large

CtZh3mkUEAA7byy.jpg:large

SBD82

Coach
As much as I'd love to see the steelers playing, it's the Illawarra cutters this weekend.

isaiah

Bench
Only way nsw can win is if it's reffed differently like two years ago. Lucky then that the northern pride coach was clever enough to get his players to hold down as long as the other team were getting away with.

isaiah

Bench
Am I right that d.sironen could lose two finals for different teams. Must be going after the Phil sigsworth record.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Burleigh will smash them up the middle with their big pack and bench

Cant see them losing
I hope you are watching the game. The Bear's forwards are big....

....slow and can't tackle. 18-0 looks good but the Panthers were in a similar position in the U20s and look what happened to them!

The Partisan

Tables turned in 2016.

NSW Residents cruise to easy win.

NSW In trust Super Cup Premiers runaway winners over their Old counterpart.

Latest posts