What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL torrents

GB!

Juniors
i seen the warning but don't really know what it is?

what exactly are we not allowed to post? what are torrents?
i don't wanna break rules

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Torrents are links to downloads of NRL games or live streams, both of which are illegal as it is reproduction of copyrighted material. Providing links to any sites which do so is not allowed.

Dee

Juniors
yeah pretty much if you don't know what a torrent is, you aren't in risk of accidentally posting a torrent link ;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
so is putting a link to an NRL youtube clip a torrent?
Nope, that's just a clip someone's uploaded. Generally they're illegal too but that's youtube's responsibility to identify and delete copyrighted content. Most organisations monitor content specific to them on youtube and report it, the NRL has been known to do it a lot.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Youtube is moderated at their end and if people upload anything that could get them into trouble, including copyright breaches, they generally remove it.

Torrent is a file sharing facility where people can exchange files and it is generally uncontrolled.

League Unlimited do not encourage illegal file sharing activities.

Snoop

Coach
Damn, thought this was a thread where I could find NRL torrents.

Please post!!! (jk)

Lego_Man

First Grade
You guys have given me some good ideas.

I'd support torrenting anything and everything NRL just to stick it to the NRL and their stupidity in media negotiations. The youtubing of league clips is a wonderful way to promote the sport, especially internationally. Theyre shooting themselves in the foot by banning it. If i download a youtube clip and show it to someone i know - even if it gets him only slightly interested in the game - it has been well worth the "lawbreaking" aspect of the deed.

Up yours, Gallop.

Pierced Soul

First Grade

I'd support torrenting anything and everything NRL just to stick it to the NRL and their stupidity in media negotiations. The youtubing of league clips is a wonderful way to promote the sport, especially internationally. Theyre shooting themselves in the foot by banning it. If i download a youtube clip and show it to someone i know - even if it gets him only slightly interested in the game - it has been well worth the "lawbreaking" aspect of the deed.

Up yours, Gallop.

i agree with your train of thought. they should be promoting league not hiding it liek they have. the banning of youtube clips is ridiculous. i can undertsand them wanting to stop live strreaming of fox games etc but i dont understand why i cant watch a game from 2004 if i want to. it's not like it's anywhere else for me to purchase or view (barring gf's)

[furrycat]

Coach

Up yours, Gallop.

lol you do that...

Join the d00ds who did it for the A-League and copped some big fines/jail time.

Dutchy

Immortal
Those fines and jail time weren't for posting torrents. It was because they are sokka fans.

Latest posts