What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nsw cup

eagles4eva

First Grade
So because one has nothing better to do, they have a low iq? What kind of argument is that?

Proof?

Really "what kind of argument is that" it's actually rather simple. Look at the quality of your initial post? Not hard to work out..

Most people who are bored or have nothing do don't necessarily troll on other teams boards and post crap, hence my low iq comment, I thinks its clear!

cleary89

Coach
Really "what kind of argument is that" it's actually rather simple. Look at the quality of your initial post? Not hard to work out..

Most people who are bored or have nothing do don't necessarily troll on other teams boards and post crap, hence my low iq comment, I thinks its clear!

Lol, do you actually read the forums? Thats exactly what they do.

And its true. Dessie had his bluff called. Sucked in to him.

Hardly crap.

eagles4eva

First Grade
THE Sea Eagles are looking likely to play in the NSW Cup next year, with the club’s inclusion in the competition up for discussion at this week’s board meeting.
Manly’s current NRL feeder team is based on the Sunshine Coast.
While the Caloundra experiment has been successful in many ways, there is a growing push for a Manly team to be based right here in Sydney under the NSW Rugby League banner.
It only makes sense and would obviously save the club thousands of dollars.
Expect it to happen with club legend Cliffy Lyons as the coach.
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/stewart-brothers-for-blindside/

zombie jesus

Staff member
THE Sea Eagles may form a joint-venture team with another Sydney club to play in next year’s NSW Cup.

Manly have confirmed their place, one way or another, in the competition next season.

It ends a four-season stint with the Sunshine Coast Eagles in the Queensland Cup.

We understand the Sea Eagles are in discussions with The Mounties to form a joint-venture outfit as an NRL feeder.

“They are talking to a potential club in relation to forming a joint venture, hopefully they can get that over the line by the middle of next week,” NSWRL official Bob Saunders confirmed.

A team in the NSW Cup should set the Sea Eagles back about $250,000 per year.

Surely, they can foot the bill for a stand-alone team, surely.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/blindside-eagles-partner-up/

zombie jesus

Staff member
Sea Eagles lose Manly link
Travis Meyn | 29th November 2010

THE Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles have been dealt a major blow ahead of the 2011 season, with NRL club Manly cutting ties with the Queensland Cup club today.

Manly gave in to pressure from the NSWRL to field a team in the NSW Cup, with new dual registration laws preventing the Silvertails from allowing their fringe players to turn out for Sunshine Coast.

The feeder arrangement deal worked well for Sunshine Coast for two years, with the club winning the Queensland Cup in its debut season before making the finals this year.

A number of high profile NRL players, such as Tony Williams and Adam Cuthbertson, pulled on the Sunshine Coast colours in the 2009 and 2010 seasons.

Sunshine Coast CEO Justin Veivers said the uncertainty around the arrangement had to end, with the club having to announce its 2011 intentions at a Queensland Rugby League board meeting later this week.

“Our board decided that we couldn’t just continue on in the hope sanity might prevail with NSWRL officials. The fact is they won’t be here and we need to start preparing for that,” Veivers said.

“We have always been a club of opportunity and now more than ever. No one will have to make room for an NRL player coming back to Q-Cup. That is attractive to players trying to make the next grade.”

“To just move on blindly would have been ridiculous, I hope Manly can find somewhere for their players, because it is going to be a massive financial drain on the club. From our point of view we are now a free agent and we will be looking out for what is best for the Sunshine Coast and that means plenty of opportunities for young players.

“We’ve had two great years with Manly and our involvement with that club has expedited our growth. Now we need to stand on our own two feet, which was always going to happen.”

The club is holding an open trial on December 18 for prospective players. Interested players can contact the club for more information.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/11/29/sea-eagles-lose-manly-link/

No Eagles for Sunshine Coast
RUGBY LEAGUE
29 NOV 10 @ 04:04PM BY JASON AVEDISSIAN

THE Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles confirmed on Monday they will be without Manly contracted players in 2011.

It follows a decision by the Manly Sea Eagles’ board in early November to field a team in the NSW Cup next year.

Fringe Manly NRL players had spent the past two years playing for the Sunshine Coast team in the Queensland Cup.

The Manly Daily understands the NSW Rugby League had threatened to ban the Sea Eagles from registering teams in junior premierships next year, if they did not align with the NSW Cup.

“I can’t see how banning juniors is for the betterment of the game,” Sunshine Coast CEO Justin Veivers said.

The Sea Eagles are yet to confirm how they will line-up in the NSW Cup next year, with the option of forming a joint-venture with another Sydney club still an option.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/no-eagles-for-sunshine-coast/

Coast lashes out over Manly move
Steele Taylor | 1st December 2010
http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/12/01/sunshine-coast-sea-eagles-rugby-league-move/

THE Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles have labelled New South Wales Rugby League’s actions as “disgraceful” after the governing body told Manly it would need to play in the NSWRL reserve grade or risk losing its under-16 and under-18 teams.

Manly is set to withdraw its support of the Sunshine Coast and will instead field players in the NSWRL reserve grade, ensuring that its junior teams can continue to play in the youth competitions.

Sunshine Coast chief executive Justin Veivers said the NSWRL had used heavy-handed tactics to bolster its reserve-grade competition.

“The NSWRL were going to ban Manly’s juniors. It’s disgraceful, absolutely disgraceful,” he said. “The thing is, the NSWRL keep trumpeting that they’re doing it for the betterment of the game, but I can’t see how this is for the betterment of the game.”

It is understood Manly was reluctant to cut its ties with the Sunshine Coast, where the NRL club’s fringe players competed in the Queensland Cup.

Now those fringe players are set to compete in the NSWRL reserve grade – a change that is expected to be a costly exercise for Manly.

“(Manly coach) Des Hasler will be disappointed,” Veivers said.

“They’re going to have to find a lot of money to run that team – about $350,000.

“If they can’t find that money, I don’t know what they’re going to do.

“They’ll have players playing there for nothing. We were by far their best option, on all levels.”

Manly could have ignored the NSWRL regulations but ran the risk of losing its junior base.

“They’re going to have to run their own (reserve-grade) team. The situation with the Manly board is that one of their board members is a part of the junior league and they were never going to go against that,” Veivers said.

As a result, the Coast will not be able to utilise the services of dual-registered Manly players.

Veivers was hopeful, however, his club would unearth new stars.

“Maybe we’ll come out at the end of it and say it was all a blessing in disguise,” he said.

“I’m pretty sure we’ll have some kids who are really committed next year and they want to play for the Sea Eagles and that’s all we need.”

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Those bastards at the NSWRL, looking after the best interests of the NSW Cup...... What f*ckers.

Agreed.

It sucks for QRL, but in all honesty, it's not NSWRL's or Manly's problem. Surely it's cheaper to have your 'reserve' team play within a few hours of your base than interstate?

Plus it gives locals more opportunity to watch these guys.

siv

First Grade
I thought most Qld teams did not enter the Qld Cup for 2011 - so its a non issue I beleive