What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nsw cup

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I believe Manly are trying to keep their association with the Sunshine Coast in the QRL.

NWSRL wants then to play in the NSW Cup but Dessy is keen to keep the Sunshiine Coast team as our feeder.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
Manly have pulled the pin on the Sunny Coast.It is a dead issue. The relationship between the 2 clubs has been poor for most of this year. Sunny Coast showed what they thought of Manly when they stopped playing in Maroon jerseys.

Talons

Juniors
Written by Steve Zemek Tuesday, 21 September 2010 02:31 THE Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles’ feeder deal with Manly will continue next year despite pressure from the New South Wales Rugby League to end the arrangement.
Late last year the New South Wales league used its clout on the Australian Rugby League board to ban dual registration, which allowed players signed to New South Wales-based NRL clubs to turn out in the Queensland Cup.
However, Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles chief executive Justin Veivers said yesterday Manly had given the club assurances it was prepared to continue with the deal next year in defiance of the New South Wales league.
Manly coach Des Hasler will meet NRL chief executive David Gallop this week to discuss dual registration.
It is understood Hasler stepped in to save his club’s association with the Sunshine Coast after it looked dead and buried six weeks ago.
Hasler is believed to be a fan of the Queensland Cup as a breeding ground for young players, after watching the likes of Trent Hodkinson and Tony Williams graduate from the Sunshine Coast to full-time NRL duties this year.
Veivers said the two clubs had not signed a memorandum of understanding yet but that was just a formality.
“Six weeks ago I wouldn’t have put my own money on the feeder relationship continuing. It was looking shaky,” he said.
“But now Des Hasler has got involved and he and I are doing the deal. He and I have had all the phone conversations about what he can do for us, what we want and what we can do for them.
“That’s been a massive turnaround as well. I think that says a fair bit about our football operation – the head coach of that club is saying ‘that’s where we want to be’.
“That, to me, has been the best thing out of it, that Des Hasler is now passionate about what we’re trying to do up here. He sees the importance of it.”
Veivers said the new deal would also involve greater opportunities for Sunshine Coast players to undertake pre-season training and play trial matches with the NRL club, greater junior development and more visits from high-profile Manly stars.
“In general we’ve had really fruitful discussions. Despite all the political stuff that’s going on in the background – and Manly are getting pressure to stay down there – they have said to us categorically they will be here (on the Sunshine Coast) next year,” Veivers said.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/09/21/manly-feeder-nrl-sea-eagles-rugby-league/

eagles4eva

First Grade
Just a question, the players who play Qld cup, do the fringe players fly down each week to take part in training with the main squad??

If so it would be a expensive exercise...

Talons

Juniors
Just a question, the players who play Qld cup, do the fringe players fly down each week to take part in training with the main squad??

If so it would be a expensive exercise...

Good question and to be honest I'm not really sure, but if memory serves me well I think they live and train in N.S.W and then fly up to the Sunshine Coast each week to play.
I remember an article from Seu Seu saying how tough it was for him to drive down from the central coast to Narrabeen to train with the boys each week on a minimum contract of $55,000.

siv

First Grade
Be interesting o see if then ARLC would support the NSWRL and strip Manly NRL side of comp points if they try and nplay a "QLD registered player"

zombie jesus

Staff member
Should be nobody's business where our second tier players come from or play. If the NSWRL could muster up a brain between the dimwits running the place we would still be there.

siv

First Grade
Seems Manly will not be invited to play in the U18 and U16 NSWRL comps if they do not enter a NSW Cup team

Guess they will fly these kids up to the Sunshien coast in 2011 as well

MSIH

Bench
I wouldn't walk across the road to watch the NSW Cup. It's abysmal.

We don't need u16's or u18's, the Roosters poach our best, and we poach Parra's best.

eagles4eva

First Grade
You can tell ones iq by that statement? Please tell me what it is. Im sure dessie will, not sure your juniors will lol. Well done dessie.

I would suggest you take a look at those RL fans who post negative or "attempted" slurs on other fans board hey???

Nothing better to do?

Again the highest of iq's.....

cleary89

Coach
I would suggest you take a look at those RL fans who post negative or "attempted" slurs on other fans board hey???

Nothing better to do?

Again the highest of iq's.....

So because one has nothing better to do, they have a low iq? What kind of argument is that?

Proof?