What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW must bring back Mitchell Pearce.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
So let me get this right...

- Mitch Pearce was put forward but rejected,
- Tedesco was brought into Fullback,
- Maloney has been placed at Halfback/Lead Playmaker
- and the 5/8th spot is a toss up between Moylan and Bird??

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...halves-for-adam-reynolds-20160706-gq04k7.html
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...s-rubbed-out-of-game-iii-20160706-gpzm18.html

F*ck now. We just got free of that little shit, i dont want him back....

Put Maloney to 7. Then into the 6 either Jack Bird, Blake Austin or Moylan (Tedesco then to fullback)

I think i might be magic....

SBD82

Coach
It's a sad reflection on Pearce's origin history that his greatest advocates are maroons supporters.

You blokes better be careful what you wish for though. Eventually nsw might win a series despite having him derp it up at halfback. Imagine the embarrassment of losing a series to that imposter.

Yeah. NSW need to get him back as their halfback. In the heat of battle, at a crucial moment someone could flash up a significant image, which would mesmerize Mitchell Pearce and break his focus.

puppy-butt-picture-id142830179

Yeah. NSW need to get him back as their halfback. In the heat of battle, at a crucial moment someone could flash up a significant image, which would mesmerize Mitchell Pearce and break his focus.

puppy-butt-picture-id142830179
You Queenslanders should respect him. He's been your best asset for the last decade. Should erect a statue of him next to Wally at Suncorp.

undertaker

Coach
So, with his selection in the 2008 decider, as well as 2010/2011/2012/2013/2015 series, if selected this year, this will be Mitchell Pearce's 7th attempt at winning an Origin series.

The guy has had more 2nd chances than Mitchell Marsh and Shane Watson.

undertaker

Coach
It's a sad reflection on Pearce's origin history that his greatest advocates are maroons supporters.

You blokes better be careful what you wish for though. Eventually nsw might win a series despite having him derp it up at halfback. Imagine the embarrassment of losing a series to that imposter.
Yeah, I'm sure Kevin Walters et al are really crapping themselves over this:

2ictr_zps586d71ba.gif

SBD82

Coach

2ictr_zps586d71ba.gif
I know it's unlikely, but even a broken clock etc...

I'd just hate to be in the qld team that managed to lose a series to this origin failure. The embarrassment would be enormous.

No deals with NSW. Other than dealing out a defeat for the Blues.

Realistically though, two teams co-operate to sustain a Blues defeat. The Maroons and the Blues both work hard to guarantee that result.

No deals with NSW. Other than dealing out a defeat for the Blues.

Realistically though, two teams co-operate to sustain a Blues defeat. The Maroons and the Blues both work hard to guarantee that result.
Answer the question... I'm curious who you believe has been a bigger factor in Queenslands dominance. I can see an argument both ways - with Thurston you can almost be guaranteed a with a good 5th tackle option with Pearce the opposite.

undertaker

Coach
I know it's unlikely, but even a broken clock etc...

I'd just hate to be in the qld team that managed to lose a series to this origin failure. The embarrassment would be enormous.
I know what you mean, but I just find it laughable when I hear Kevin Walters on tv say how he's worried about coaching against Pearce etc.

Must be to protect himself against the extreme unlikely situation that Pearce blows QLD off the park, which would make Walters look like a fool if he came out in the media pre-Origin series with an Anthony Mundine-like "yeah, Pearce is crap. We're going to smash NSW again this year" etc.

davi

Juniors

2ictr_zps586d71ba.gif

This is actually Kevin Walters comments on Mitchell Pearce. I know this article is going to be ridiculed, but Walters contends Pearce is a genuine threat. He talks about Pearce in the video in the link.

WALTERS: PEARCE MAKES ME SCARED

Queensland Origin coach Kevin Walters has admitted the current form of Roosters halfback is making him “scared” ahead of this year’s interstate series.

Pearce was on fire at the back end of last season and has continued that into 2017.

In the Anzac Day game against the Dragons, he shook the monkey off his back to kick the matchwinning field goal in extra-time.

“I think this year he’s taken his game to another level. It scares me a little bit because I know Andrew Johns has been working closely with him — one of the greats of our game,” Walters told Queenslanders Only.

“Andrew’s a very smart coach as well on an individual point of view around halves and the like.

“I think that (Anzac Day) game from him, in the clutch moments he got it right.

“That hasn’t always been the case, but this year I’m seeing a different player.

“It wouldn’t surprise me to see him run out in the Blues No. 7 and I’d be concerned.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/med...s/news-story/01597b4abdc3b5b30035ec41cfc0261e

Last edited: