What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW team for Origin III

Tommy Smith

Referee
Brett Stewart
Jarryd Hayne
Matt King
Dean Collis
Eric Grothe
Jarrod Mullen
Brett Kimmorley
Mark O'Meley
Danny Buderus
Willie Mason
Nathan Hindmarsh
Paul Gallen
Greg Bird

Jason Ryles
Brett White
Ryan Hoffman
Robbie Farah

JJ

Immortal
Luke Burt anyone?

That side's pretty good Tommy - but Mason needs to be 2nd row IMO - start with Ryles and put Bird or Gallen on the bench. Not sure on Brett White - I'd actually like to see CLinton given a crack, I reckon it'd suit him

DeeGan

Bench
Luke Burt? :?

You really rate him as a better fullback than Stewart or a better winger than one of either Hayne or Grothe?

JJ

Immortal
DeeGan said:
Luke Burt? :?

You really rate him as a better fullback than Stewart or a better winger than one of either Hayne or Grothe?
Left field suggestion I know - but he's in terrific form from what I have seen of him, and is a very good goal kicker. No matter how many time Collis' name is mentioned, they won't pick him which means Lyon will keep the spot - Burt (IMO) is closer to origin than Collis.

But, on current form I don't think there's much between Burt and Stewart - and Burt is certainly more creative. Hayne and Grothe are good but Grothe is no lock for the side...

Phillips

Referee
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Adam MacDougall
4. Matt Cooper
5. Eric Grothe
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Brett Kimmorley (GK)
8. Luke Bailey
9. Danny Buderus (C)
10. Jason Ryles
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Paul Gallen

14. Robbie Farah
15. Greg Bird
16. Ben Cross
17. Brett White

must say i do like Tommy Smith's team aswell..

mxlegend99

Referee
Tommax25 said:
very questionable choices those in bold, simpson deserves to be dropped and gower and gordon have done nothing to deserve a start and im not sure if walace is qld or nsw
Wallace is a Penrith junior, and is NSW for sure. But neither he, nor Gower deserve selection. They're the weakest part of our team.

Michael Gordon on the other hand, has been awesome for us this year, and kicks goals. If he got picked, he wouldn't let anyone down. Awesome defender, heaps of pace, and runs it hard.

Changa

Juniors
Yesterday 09:12 AMMoffocooper should never play ref footy again, i can't believe people ar epicking him17-06-2007 08:22 PM

Mate you must be kidding, thanks to Cooper- Hodges who is atm the best centre in the world has had close to no effect on this Origin series...His job was to shut down Hodges' attack and time and his done that sucessfully in the 1st 2 games. I don't think many of you realise how strong QLd's team actually is, they were gonna take this series no matter who NSW fielded. No trio this side of the boarder were going to match JT, Lockyer and Smith combo of Qld, and its a combination thats continuing to grow. Throw in there in incumbant Aus fullback, best centre in the world and a player like Inglis on the wing and you've got a series win.

icewind

Juniors
I think two of the best prop performances in a series by Price and Civ helped a little too.

Balmain Bug

Juniors
This team will beat QLD.

1) Stewart
2) Hayne
3) Cooper
4) King
5) Grothe

6) Kimmorley
7) Farah

8) O'Meley
9) Buderus
10) Mason
11) Hindmarsh
12) Laffranchi
13) Bird

14) Hoffman
15) Kite
16) Ryles
17) Gallen

Kingytek

Juniors
I was really glad to see Laffranchi get the wrap he did on the footy show last night by Matty Johns! He said how he really deserves to be in the Origin team at least if not this year then definitely next year!

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Laffranchi and Glenn Stewart should be given a go in place of Ryan and Hindmarsh. All four players are great tacklers, although i think Laffranchi and Stewart are better with the football in hand, with both having great offloads.

Dazzat

First Grade
Never thought I'd see the day that NSW supporters are asking for Nathan Hindmarsh to get the sack ... only two rep games ago he was the first picked in any representative pack. Cut throat ... heh.

parra pete

Referee
Kingytek said:
I was really glad to see Laffranchi get the wrap he did on the footy show last night by Matty Johns! He said how he really deserves to be in the Origin team at least if not this year then definitely next year![/quote]

He's got bigger things on his mind to worry about than where he will be this time in 2008 when SOO comes around.....

Panther_Daz

Staff member
parra pete said:
Sack Hindmarsh.....don't make me laugh....Who will do his share of defence.?????

Laffranchi and Stewart . They both get through alot of tackling for their club sides.

Kingytek

Juniors
parra pete said:
Kingytek said:
I was really glad to see Laffranchi get the wrap he did on the footy show last night by Matty Johns! He said how he really deserves to be in the Origin team at least if not this year then definitely next year![/quote]

He's got bigger things on his mind to worry about than where he will be this time in 2008 when SOO comes around.....

Don't you worry, thats not playing on his mind at all!

dragonfire

Bench
parra pete said:
Sack Hindmarsh.....don't make me laugh....Who will do his share of defence.?????

oh yeah not having Hindmarsh in the team is going to mean QLD wont get tackled... His defence will be covered and at least we will get someone who can actually do something in attack

Dazzat

First Grade
Hindmarsh has always been a great attacking player, who due to circumstance, has become known as a workhorse. Maybe Murray should try him from the bench, because he is a good ball runner.

Latest posts