What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW team lists and insults thread 2018

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
I wonder if Tedesco has pulled ahead of Trbojevic for the fullback spot. Trbojevic has had the bad luck to be playing in a rubbish manly team, however he certaintly hasn't been playing well himself

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
I literally pissed my pants laughing when l heard Luke brooks name for origin

amen bro.........a bloke plays a couple of decent games, team is winning, and he is defined to be 'in-form' and then gets talked about as a possible selection. like every merkin eligible for NSW at st merge at the moment.....and every other year when a team with NSW players in it are going well in the lead-up to origin.

i remember blake austin was being touted as an origin selection too. he was in form once. FFS!

big hit!

Bench
I wonder if Tedesco has pulled ahead of Trbojevic for the fullback spot. Trbojevic has had the bad luck to be playing in a rubbish manly team, however he certaintly hasn't been playing well himself

i don't think manly's situation should make a difference. both trbojevic boys have the goods. does debelin go ahead of Jake now too? i know both can be selected in the middle rotation but what if you could only select one?

it should come down to the style and attributes of the FB's that Fittler believes will add the most value to the squad. we all know manly's situation is not about ability, but internal disharmony

King hit

Coach
If Cleary is match fit Fittler will consider him. He is to good to completely ignore, he has the partnership with Maloney and his recovery has been going ahead of schedule.

big hit!

Bench
If Cleary is match fit Fittler will consider him. He is to good to completely ignore, he has the partnership with Maloney and his recovery has been going ahead of schedule.

the concern with cleary as a young bloke and debutant is that he should have 3 or 4 consecutive matches under his belt before game 1, given how long he'll be out. he needs to be back by round 10 at latest.

King hit

Coach
the concern with cleary as a young bloke and debutant is that he should have 3 or 4 consecutive matches under his belt before game 1, given how long he'll be out. he needs to be back by round 10 at latest.

I don't think that is much of an issue with Cleary. The kid doesn't play like a rookie he plays like someone who has at least 5 years of experience under his belt. The professionalism and composure he plays with is not what a lot of 20 year olds have. If he come backs early he will have at least 3 games back I think.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
he was good in game 1 last series, but then again, most of the 17 were.

he's not flashy. don't expect that from him. you won't find him being ill-disciplined and throwing away a series win either.

as a captain, he does have to be a more dominant personality. doesn't seem to have a charisma that would make other representative players follow him. that's the knock I've got on him.

btw, has graham been starting on the bench for cronulla all season? if he didn't have the brain fart he had last series, he'd probably be more in the conversation for cordner's starting left forward spot. however, his antics have basically ruled him out for mine.

Graham cost NSW the series last year, full stop and has done nothing this year. I can't go in to too many details on this forum but I don't believe he will ever get near his best going forward.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I don't think that is much of an issue with Cleary. The kid doesn't play like a rookie he plays like someone who has at least 5 years of experience under his belt. The professionalism and composure he plays with is not what a lot of 20 year olds have. If he come backs early he will have at least 3 games back I think.

Thought you were talking to yourself. If Cleary can get 2 games under his belt, I reckon he will be good to go for Origin 1.

Latest posts