What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW team lists and insults thread 2018

SBD82

Coach
Teddy isn't going anywhere near as bad as some people are making out. He was awful in round 1 but has gotten a lot better from there. His stats for the last 2 weeks for example are 339 metres, 12 tackle breaks and 3 line breaks.

it is the general lack of organisation in attack which is making him look bad but that is a roosters problem more than his problem.

Defensively, he has been very good, normally being in the right position and making a number of 1 on 1 tackles. The try where he didn't compete for the ball with GI was a mistake, no idea why he didn't go for it but the other one was all on Robinson, Teddy was crunched in an awkward tackle and folded backwards like a piece of paper and even then he very nearly grounded the ball.

Having said that, if they believe Turbo is their man and they go with him I have no issue there.
I might be being too harsh on him, granted. And interesting to see those stats. I really wouldn't have thought they would have been so high.

Is it possible that he is a square peg being jammed into a round hole? Cronk hasn't struggled to bring keary into the game, but he does really seem to be struggling to get Teddy involved. Could be communication issues, or teddy just may not be suited to such a structured game.

Valheru

Coach
Is it possible that he is a square peg being jammed into a round hole? Cronk hasn't struggled to bring keary into the game, but he does really seem to be struggling to get Teddy involved. Could be communication issues, or teddy just may not be suited to such a structured game.

Yeah there is a bit of that at the moment, Teddy looks quite dynamic when running the ball back and when we have possession in the middle of the field but it just isn't working deep in attack at the moment. To be fair, it was always going to take some time to click when you have a new halfback and fullback regardless of how good they are and by the end of the season I expect it to be a lot better. I don't want to turn this in to a "roosters problem" thread but our front row and hooker are doing Teddy and the rest of our backline no favours, they have been awful.

isaiah

Bench
Tedesco/Trbjoevic
Ferguson
Roberts
Mitchell
Addo-carr
Green
Maloney
Trbjoevic
?
Lodge
Cordner
Jackson
Graham

Klemmer
Bird
James
Frizzell
Surely no to addo-Carr, lodge and Mitchell. Graham showed in tonight's second half he cannot defend in the middle, when he played lock years ago he defended out wide

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
1 Tedesco
2 Cotric
3 Mitchell
4 Trbojevic
5 Mansour
6 Moylan
7 Cleary
8 Klemmer
9 Peats
10 Vaughan
11 Cordner (c)
12 Frizell
13 Trbojevic
14 Bird
15 Campbell Gillard
16 De Belin
17 Graham

Tedesco was one of our best players last series, although he hasnt had the best start to the year it would be classic NSW to drop him after one series in which he was great. Cotric is my bolter, strong runner, good under the high ball and will be part of the team for a long time. Mitchell is a risk but I belive its worth it. I think Trbojevic will be fantastic in the centers, he won't have to take the hard runs bringing back the ball and can attack one on one.

Hopefully Cleary is fit and back in time. I want a young halves combination who can grow over time. I thougth Moylan was the best 5/8 we have had in years when he played there, Cleary and Moylan have alos played together and would have a combination. I went with Peats here but he is under huge pressure. Very close to picking Cook but went with Peats for now.

I think the foward pack looks very strong, I really like the idea of a mobile bench who can lift speed off the game when they come on. Vaughan, RCG and De Belin have to be picked imo. A lot of versatilty in the bench aswell. Bird is the perfect utility player

1 Tedesco
2 Cotric
3 Mitchell
4 Trbojevic
5 Mansour
6 Moylan
7 Cleary
8 Klemmer
9 Peats
10 Vaughan
11 Cordner (c)
12 Frizell
13 Trbojevic
14 Bird
15 Campbell Gillard
16 De Belin
17 Graham

Tedesco was one of our best players last series, although he hasnt had the best start to the year it would be classic NSW to drop him after one series in which he was great. Cotric is my bolter, strong runner, good under the high ball and will be part of the team for a long time. Mitchell is a risk but I belive its worth it. I think Trbojevic will be fantastic in the centers, he won't have to take the hard runs bringing back the ball and can attack one on one.

Hopefully Cleary is fit and back in time. I want a young halves combination who can grow over time. I thougth Moylan was the best 5/8 we have had in years when he played there, Cleary and Moylan have alos played together and would have a combination. I went with Peats here but he is under huge pressure. Very close to picking Cook but went with Peats for now.

I think the foward pack looks very strong, I really like the idea of a mobile bench who can lift speed off the game when they come on. Vaughan, RCG and De Belin have to be picked imo. A lot of versatilty in the bench aswell. Bird is the perfect utility player
That team would be like the perfect team in a year or two minus this guy. Move Graham to the starting edge and bring in another prop like McLean

Spot On

Coach
Peats has no place at Origin level. He offers absolute nothing. Has to be a million to one to get a run.

Latrell would be great with ball in hand but who will make his tackles?

TheFrog

Coach
Tedesco was one of our best players last series, although he hasnt had the best start to the year it would be classic NSW to drop him after one series in which he was great.
Teddy was outstanding in the first game and barely sighted in the other two. This is pretty much typical of him.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Teddy was outstanding in the first game and barely sighted in the other two. This is pretty much typical of him.
Last year was his first series so I'm not sure how you form that pattern of it being typical.

Also the entire Blues team disappeared in the final 120 minutes of last years series.

Tom Turbo is a far less complete fullback on both sides of the ball at this stage of his career.

So NSW would be mad to dump Teddy.

If they win it'll be by carving Qld open up the middle and no one does that better than Teddy.

Tommy Smith

Referee
That team would be like the perfect team in a year or two minus this guy. Move Graham to the starting edge and bring in another prop like McLean
Lol Graham, along with Hayne, was responsible for NSW losing last year.

That inexplicable strip on Napa with 5min to go in Game 2 was criminal.

Cordner will be the first player picked and rightly so to all who know anything about footy.