What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSWRL Junior Reps 2010

mono_mal

Juniors
This is a thread to discuss squad announcements, team news, and announcements regarding the 2010 junior representative seasons.
The composition of the junior competitions seems to be 18 teams in Harold Matthews and 19 teams in SG Ball due to the entry of the Perth Reds to SG Ball. It seems that the Roosters will again take control of their juniors and Newtowns SG ball team will again revert to the Roosters. Theres also been suggestions that Melbourne intend to field a Harold Matthews team within the next few years and talk continues about further country involvement.
The winner of the 2010 competition will play the winners of the Qld competitions the following weekend, differing from this years format where Queensland teams contested the whole finals series.

Harold Matthews (U16)

Sydney Roosters
South Sydney Rabbitohs
St George Dragons
Cronulla Sharks
North Sydney Bears
Manly Sea Eagles
Balmain Tigers
Western Suburbs Magpies
Western Sydney Academy
Parramatta Eels
Canterbury Bulldogs
Penrith Panthers
Illawarra Steelers
Central Coast
Gold Coast Titans
South West Sydney Academy
Canberra Raiders
Newcastle Knights

SG Ball (U18)
Sydney Roosters
South Sydney Rabbitohs
St George Dragons
Cronulla Sharks
North Sydney Bears
Manly Sea Eagles
Balmain Tigers
Western Suburbs Magpies
Western Sydney Academy
Parramatta Eels
Canterbury Bulldogs
Penrith Panthers
Illawarra Steelers
Central Coast
Gold Coast Titans
Melbourne Storm
Perth Reds
Canberra Raiders
Newcastle Knights

This is a thread to discuss squad announcements, team news, and announcements regarding the 2010 junior representative seasons.
The composition of the junior competitions seems to be 18 teams in Harold Matthews and 19 teams in SG Ball due to the entry of the Perth Reds to SG Ball. It seems that the Roosters will again take control of their juniors and Newtowns SG ball team will again revert to the Roosters. Theres also been suggestions that Melbourne intend to field a Harold Matthews team within the next few years and talk continues about further country involvement.
The winner of the 2010 competition will play the winners of the Qld competitions the following weekend, differing from this years format where Queensland teams contested the whole finals series.

Harold Matthews (U16)

Sydney Roosters
South Sydney Rabbitohs
St George Dragons
Cronulla Sharks
North Sydney Bears
Manly Sea Eagles
Balmain Tigers
Western Suburbs Magpies
Western Sydney Academy
Parramatta Eels
Canterbury Bulldogs
Penrith Panthers
Illawarra Steelers
Central Coast
Gold Coast Titans
South West Sydney Academy
Canberra Raiders
Newcastle Knights

SG Ball (U18)
Sydney Roosters
South Sydney Rabbitohs
St George Dragons
Cronulla Sharks
North Sydney Bears
Manly Sea Eagles
Balmain Tigers
Western Suburbs Magpies
Western Sydney Academy
Parramatta Eels
Canterbury Bulldogs
Penrith Panthers
Illawarra Steelers
Central Coast
Gold Coast Titans
Melbourne Storm
Perth Reds
Canberra Raiders
Newcastle Knights

Gold Coast have apparently chosen to go and play in the Qld competition and apparently WA Reds have made a submission to play in the SG BALL competition.

mono_mal

Juniors
It makes sense for Gold Coast to enter the Qld competition, especially following the re-structuring of the junior reps. They could enter their own teams in the Mal Meninga and Cyrill Connell Cups or perhaps strengthen ties with local clubs and join forces with several local teams.

That would make it 17 teams in HM and 18 in SG. I vaguely recall hearing something about a Western Division team entering HM in 2010. If correct both competitions would again have 18 teams.

listner

Juniors
re n s w junior reps, can someone advise where the golgcoast titans u/16 & u/18 are playing in 2010

Broncos93

Juniors
When are Norths relocating their Junior sides to Central Coast?
I heard 2011 season but can anyone clarify?

richies

Juniors
does anyone know what date/month
sg and harolds start
I know its early in 2010 but wouldn't mind checking out a few players for the dogs
cheers

Stanley

Juniors
Hi all,

Having a few sources within the Manly camp, I've been lucky enough to get a copy of their draw for 2010.

See below:

Sat 16th Jan Trial 1 v Newcastle @ Wyong
Sat 30th Jan Trial 2 v Wests @ Campbelltown
Sat 6th Feb Trial 3 v Parramatta @ Cabramatta

Sat 13th Feb Rd 1 v Cronulla (a)
Sat 20th Feb Rd 2 v Bulldogs (a)
Sat 27th Feb Rd 3 v Newcastle (a)
Sat 6th Mar Rd 4 v Wests (a)
Sat 13th Mar Rd 5 v Parramatta (h)
Sat 20th Mar Rd 6 v South Sydney (h)
Sat 27th Mar Rd 7 v Canberra (a)
Sat 3rd Apr Rd 8 v Sydney Roosters (h)* could be Thur 1st April (easter w/e)
Sat 10th Apr Rd 9 v Western Australia (a) note; H.Matthews have a bye

Final 8 series Sat 17th April
Final 4 Sat 24th April
NSW Final Sat 1st May
Winners of NSW v Winners of Queensland Saturday 8th May

Regards,

Stan

blackandwhite

Juniors
does anyone know what date/month
sg and harolds start
I know its early in 2010 but wouldn't mind checking out a few players for the dogs
cheers

The Bulldogs and Roosters will play in two Junior Representative trial matches at the Terry Lamb Complex on Tuesday 1st December 2009 with the first game kicking off at 6:00pm.

Hi all,

Having a few sources within the Manly camp, I've been lucky enough to get a copy of their draw for 2010.

See below:

Regards,

Stan

Excellent work Stan...Now do you have any sources at Wests ?

junior fan

Juniors
Hi all,

See below:

Regards,

Stan

Thanks Stan.

So what is the word on the Manly Matts and Ball teams? Any for the future and what are their chances for next year?

blackandwhite

Juniors
Girvie, I hear the two North Sydney twins from last years Harold Matts have gone to Wests ?
Not sure they will get a run in SG Ball plenty ahead of them.......but they sure did carve us up last year when we played them.

CoachMan

Juniors
I can tell you definately those twins were with Wests the other night. They havent made the switch as of yet, but it looks good.

Moda

Juniors
I can tell you definately those twins were with Wests the other night. They havent made the switch as of yet, but it looks good.

It is now official the twins are with Wests as of 9.30 tonight, the Bears have been advised though I must say the boys have been very happy at Norths

CoachMan

Juniors
I'm actually coaching the boys over at Wests, and they were very happy at Norths. We were more than happy for them to stay up there if they were playing ball this year. Providing they stay on the current trail they're on, they've got big futures

girvie

Staff member
Girvie, I hear the two North Sydney twins from last years Harold Matts have gone to Wests ?
Not sure they will get a run in SG Ball plenty ahead of them.......but they sure did carve us up last year when we played them.

That'll be a shame.

Definitely gave a lot to the club and great players to watch.

Ghipo

Juniors
I'm actually coaching the boys over at Wests, and they were very happy at Norths. We were more than happy for them to stay up there if they were playing ball this year. Providing they stay on the current trail they're on, they've got big futures

Hey CoachMan, Not having a go at you - But wondering how you see that happening at Wests?

One plays fullback and the other five-eighth.

The two current fullbacks at Wests James Tedesco and David Nofoaluma have both been signed by Wests Tigers and are eligible for SG Ball in 2010 and 2011.
Tedesco was Harold Matts player of the year and Nofoaluma played for NSW under 16's. Both favourites of coach Derek McVey.

The five-eighth is behind captain Mitchell Brasington who was the top pointscorer in the Harold Matts comp in 2009 and is also eligible for SG Ball in 2010 and 2011. Derek will keep him in the team for his goal kicking alone.

I agree they are talented kids but it will be difficult for them to break into the team at Wests in particular if the current coach remains in 2011.

CoachMan

Juniors
I agree with you mate that it's gonna be hard for them to crack starting spots in ball. The boys both know that.

I can't comment on why they decided to come across, but all I know is the boys seem pretty happy.

Latest posts