What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ V. Australia: Second ODI

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think his pace helps in bowling at the death, any edge goes for 4

aussies1st

Staff member
Well it would be good if he had more control. He bowls too leg side and all the batter has to do is clip it and its 4. If he bowled in the block hole like Lewis then he would be better. Also stop bowling those bouncers they are getting him no where. Beamers, no ball 3 men inside the circle ;-)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the beamer was an accident

Lewis showed you dont need pace, you need accuracy, and he hardly moved a ball all night.

He had good variation in his pace tho

I could see him being a good ODI bowler, but not a penetrating test bowler

aussies1st

Staff member
Yep I agree, it slipped no problems with that.

Lewis is a great death bowler for Victoria too so I can see him filling that role. He also did well earlier. 3 wickets before the death all very vital. He has got himself an ODI spot for the VB series.

IanG

Coach
Well that was more of a contest. Loev those tight and high scoring games. Had Michale Clarke not pulled off that run out the Kiwis would've got up I reckon.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Great game, but Brett Lee FFS that bloke can count his stars. That was shocking bowling at the death! Why not use Hussey at the death if Lee is getting plastered all over the park! Lee needs to look at Lewis, 5 yorkers and guess what Lee, he got 2 run outs becuase they are that much harder to hit. Blind Freddy can see that so why not try and bowl yorkers rather than absolute rubbish!

Great batting from the Kiwis, but I still have no idea what Lee was bowling or why we didn't continue with slow bowlers. Hussey should have bowled as well!

yobbo84

Coach
Billy Bowden MUST be dropped for the 3 in the circle incident. You CAN'T change your mind and call it a no-ball after the ball has been bowled and the play is dead!! Just like you can't give a bloke out then go, oh, his front foot was over the line, no-ball, come back....

Also, when the Aussies were batting, and Clarke was nearly run-out, McCullum was going for the run out but he knocked the stumps over with his gloves and without the ball. Every Kiwi saw this, so they didn't appeal (they aren't Paki)... yet Billy went to the third umpire. NO ONE APPEALED. You can't do this Billy!

He's a deadset joke.

Vent over.

P.S. Well done kiwi's for a great fightback!!

Scorpio30

Bench
Clarkes run out...What an amazing piece of cricket!

Apparently had NZ got up, it would have been the forth highest successful run chase in ODI history.

JJ

Immortal
yobbo84 said:
Billy Bowden MUST be dropped for the 3 in the circle incident. You CAN'T change your mind and call it a no-ball after the ball has been bowled and the play is dead!! Just like you can't give a bloke out then go, oh, his front foot was over the line, no-ball, come back....

Apparently you can, because they did, and they got the decision right - so get over it.

Hopefully we've heard the end of all the scared of Lee sh*t - it was one bad performance, we still have a competitive ODI side...

Both sides will be annoyed with how they bowled though...

Nathan Bracken and James Franklin --pffffttt

Franklin should not be anywhere near the 3rd game

Scorpio30

Bench
Just heard an interview on the Radio Sports news between Lou Vincent and Brian Waddle (Brian is interviewing Lou). Lou Vincent said "Anyone who said we couldnt face Brett Lee can shove it up their arse". :-#

JJ

Immortal
Scorpio30 said:
Just heard an interview on the Radio Sports news between Lou Vincent and Brian Waddle (Brian is interviewing Lou). Lou Vincent said "Anyone who said we couldnt face Brett Lee can shove it up their arse". :-#

well done Lou, needed to be said I think...

JJ

Immortal
yup...

but I'm still seeking answers to this:

why is it that when he bowls yet another bean ball Aust commentators quickly break into the "I know him well and he's not that kinda guy" bullsh*t?????? He then follows his bean ball with a ridiculous bouncer to show that he's "not that kinda guy".. and apologises at the end of the over...

If he broke McCullums arm, when would he choose to apologise?
Would he still bowl a bouncer at the next batsmen?
How come he's pretty much the only fast bowler in the world that tends to bowl bean balls in tight situations? (and other stuff he does at the same time suggests he's lost his rag)...

While he's a great ODI bowler, I'm sick of the turd quite frankly

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
keep ranting JJ

ask the commentators who said it, if you want an answer

I suppose you didn't see Lee go up to McCallum and apologise at the end of the over

he obviously lacked control last night, which he didn't in game one

what about the other 20 or 30 bad balls that he bowled

its already been reported that he had respitory problems, hard to bowl with control if you cant breathe properly

JJ

Immortal
Twizzle said:
keep ranting JJ

ask the commentators who said it, if you want an answer

I suppose you didn't see Lee go up to McCallum and apologise at the end of the over

he obviously lacked control last night, which he didn't in game one

what about the other 20 or 30 bad balls that he bowled

its already been reported that he had respitory problems, hard to bowl with control if you cant breathe properly

I saw him apologise, but he certainly didn;t when he bowled it, and then followed it with a bouncer.... he often seems to lack control when under pressure, or when somone's annoyed him... If and when someone's seriously hurt by one of these deliveries, will they wake up and deal with him??

JoeD

First Grade
Great game. Hard to fault anyone really. 2 run difference out of 320 odd means there was nothing in it. Kiwis should have won it in the last over but having said that they shouldn't have got into that position in the first place.

wittyfan

Referee
JJ said:
yup...

but I'm still seeking answers to this:

why is it that when he bowls yet another bean ball Aust commentators quickly break into the "I know him well and he's not that kinda guy" bullsh*t?????? He then follows his bean ball with a ridiculous bouncer to show that he's "not that kinda guy".. and apologises at the end of the over...

If he broke McCullums arm, when would he choose to apologise?
Would he still bowl a bouncer at the next batsmen?
How come he's pretty much the only fast bowler in the world that tends to bowl bean balls in tight situations? (and other stuff he does at the same time suggests he's lost his rag)...

While he's a great ODI bowler, I'm sick of the turd quite frankly

Tut, tut. Sour grapes.

JJ

Immortal
not at all, but if chest high ful tosses were aimed at Lee I wonder how you and he would respond??

Oh, that's right, we know -
Lee would bowl chest high full tosses in retaliation, smile and apologise
and you'd back him...

Brilliant...