What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ODI Finals, 1st Final: Australia V. Sri Lanka

NPK

Bench
The ball went in front of square, so it wasn't Ponting's call. Ponting's fault IMO. It all happened fast..Katich didn't have time to weigh up the pros and cons of running or staying put.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
As much as I don't like watching him bat Katich has actually had a pretty decent series. Not really worthy of criticism.

Iafeta

Referee
TheParraboy said:
theres are posts that have praised SL from Australians that is my point!! WE ARE ALL not making excuses, maybe you and sanjane are just being selective as you always are?

You would rather coat everyone with the same brush at the expense of 3-4 usual suspects who post pages of pages of excuses and act like pathetic chumps?, lockyer1 in particular.

And to those of you "Aussies" who are moaning and bitching why, if, when where. FFS I guarantee you, had the result been exactly the other way around, you all would be laughing and making fun of SL's runouts till the cows come home, ...and we would be looking forward to a very boring and predictable 2nd final.

SL ambushed us, We werent focused or pumped enough to win, SL (AS I HAVE SAID WAY BACK) were the better side on the day.

Lets see what a real champion side we are by winning the remaining 2 games.
If SL win it, then they deserve to be the VB Champions

I agree with that part in particular :D

JJ

Immortal
TheParraboy said:
You would rather coat everyone with the same brush at the expense of 3-4 usual suspects who post pages of pages of excuses and act like pathetic chumps?, lockyer1 in particular.

fair point

Robster

Bench
TheParraboy said:
theres are posts that have praised SL from Australians that is my point!! WE ARE ALL not making excuses, maybe you and sanjane are just being selective as you always are?

And to those of you "Aussies" who are moaning and bitching why, if, when where. FFS I guarantee you, had the result been exactly the other way around, you all would be laughing and making fun of SL's runouts till the cows come home, ...and we would be looking forward to a very boring and predictable 2nd final.

SL ambushed us, We werent focused or pumped enough to win, SL (AS I HAVE SAID WAY BACK) were the better side on the day.

Lets see what a real champion side we are by winning the remaining 2 games.
If SL win it, then they deserve to be the VB Champions

good on yea mate :D

lockyno1

Post Whore
ozbash said:
pretty tough call on katich.
he didnt call for the run then change his mind.

Not a tough call at all! He should have run and don't tell me he didn't have enough time becuase he did! SL played well no doubt but Katich's pathetic team work, Clarke's abysmal running, running Hussey out costed us the match! Plus our bowlers were terrible except for Hogg and Stuart Clark. SL played well and batted better than us at cruicial stages but it doesn't change my view that both Martyn and Katich are useless chasing more than 250!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Thierry Henry said:
As much as I don't like watching him bat Katich has actually had a pretty decent series. Not really worthy of criticism.

Yep running the captain out is certainly a great series! Cheers for Crapitch there!:roll:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Katich wouldve had to be Carl Lewis to make to the other end, there was never a run in it, it was bad call from Ponting. But that wasnt the only one.

Martyn made a ridiculous one, he simply gave up before the fieldsman threw it.

And Katich made one himself, crazy run outs. They just paniced the Aussies, trying to chase a big total and run off every ball.

Good innings from Clarke tried to keep Australia in the game. Hopefully they'll improve in the next game

salivor

First Grade
How many run outs has Michael Clarke been involved in of late? It looks like he's modelled his running between wickets on Adam Parore. I'm also baffled as to why Martyn didn't dive or at least try to ground his bat, when that ball hit the stumps he wasn't actually that far away, a decent effort would've seen him home safely.

You've got to rate the Lankans now. As this series has progressed you really felt the Australians feel much more comfortable playing the insanely boring South Africans, as they know exactly what they're getting. While the Lankans are very hit and miss they still possess one or two match winners like Jayasuriya who can completely blow a match wide open.

NPK said:
What if he takes 5 paces forward and misses but doesn't run after that?

He would be RUN OUT ..as 5 paces forward to me would constitute an ATTEMPTED run. If he overbalanced as he played the ball and was outside his crease when the keeper took the bails off he WOULD NOT be out tho ......Sound confusing lol

Iafeta

Referee
medievilknight said:
He would be RUN OUT ..as 5 paces forward to me would constitute an ATTEMPTED run. If he overbalanced as he played the ball and was outside his crease when the keeper took the bails off he WOULD NOT be out tho ......Sound confusing lol

He would be stumped, if the 5 paces are taken in an attempted stroke/playing of the ball as opposed to after the ball is struck/passes the wicket attempts a run.

Latest posts