What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off season 2011/12

Juju

Juniors
How much does no NRL suck? Alot...

We have the Kiwis to look forward to but not much else...

The draw - most likely scenario rd 1 is Manly at Eden Park right?

The new jersey.

I'm definitely suffering a post GF slump right now :crazy:

Micistm

Bench
TBH I'm going to enjoy a little downtime, the last few weeks of close games has frankly knackered me! I'm used to us being knocked out early and it isn't as stressful...
So some Kiwis games then a few weeks of some cricket will be nice...by xmas I'll be ready for NRL though, guess we'll make do watching some classic games on DVD ;-)

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
Same i'm looking foward to some downtime. Can't watch league without thinking about what could've been. I'll be watching Union, NFL & UFC to pass the time though. By Feb I'll be hanging out for some NRL.

TheDMC

Bench
I'm kinda glad the NRL is over. Thirty odd weeks grind of pre-match nerves and over analysis, followed by hours upon hours each weekend watching all 8 or so games has really taken its toll on me. Its been a hard, but enjoyable season. I need some time to recuperate, fix some niggling injuries to my relationship and attend to my studies. I don't think the average NRL player really appreciates the hard work us fanatical fans put in during the course of the season.

Plus with the kiwi's matches and the meaningful rounds of the World Cup, still enough on to get fired up about (even if you hate union, you can least get fired up about hating).

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Summer means Test match Cricket. But more importantly before that the Kiwis in the four nations. I sound like a Sky sport ad.

Juju

Juniors
I really can't get into cricket anymore. I find the black caps attitude & skill to PAY ratio grossly out of wack. They just suck but think they're great.

Looking forward to summer for sure but damn am I already missing the footy and its only been a few days.

blain

Juniors
Yeah Im keen for cricket, they havent played for about 6 months.. pretty shit really.

Fair enough Juju lol, they had a pretty crap season last year. Will be interesting with all the management changes.

TheDMC

Bench
problem with the slack caps is you know they won't beat australia in a test match. Still, might wander up to brissy for some beers in the sun and see if we can win a session...

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
problem with the slack caps is you know they won't beat australia in a test match. Still, might wander up to brissy for some beers in the sun and see if we can win a session...

Disappointingly, I agree.

But shit, it's like being a Warriors supporter. We haven't won a comp yet (or a World Cup). We have extended periods where we're really shit. Then we have runs where we're awesome. We have superstars (Bond, Stacey, McCullum, Vettori, Johnson, Locke etc) that give us magic moments. I love it. Both sides take me on a rollercoaster ride, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

jaseg

Juniors
Disappointingly, I agree.

But shit, it's like being a Warriors supporter. We haven't won a comp yet (or a World Cup). We have extended periods where we're really shit. Then we have runs where we're awesome. We have superstars (Bond, Stacey, McCullum, Vettori, Johnson, Locke etc) that give us magic moments. I love it. Both sides take me on a rollercoaster ride, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

This. There was an article a month or so ago in the Guardian from a Tottenham (UK football - premier league) supporter. The article was very long and talked about the writers' experiences with depression etc etc... but he loved Spurs and the insane highs and lows that they bring.. often from week to week (last season they beat the reigning european and world club champions midweek then lost to the team that finished 14/20 in the english premiership, for example - that was actually far from the only time that season they followed an awesome result with a shocker either). Extremely good read if you can find it and have some time to burn - but it essentially promotes the idea above.

EDIT: A quick search found the article I was talking about... http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/31/football-depression-spurs-john-crace?INTCMP=SRCH - it's an extract from his book, apparently.

Last edited:

devoid

Juniors
Okay -- things are bad; I just logged onto cricinfo's site to check the card for the Zimbabwe game.

Latest posts