What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off season recruits

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
For the first time in Tigpies history I can't see anywhere across the park where we need to recruit. There seems to be quality depth everywhere.

Maybe we could pick up a prop but Moors is the man and first-great quality right now and has great potential but doesn't seem to get a go or maybe has been released.

I'd like to see who Sheens' promised 'add one rep player every year' is going to be this year.

macnaz

Staff member
Only spot i can think of is a winger if TNT doesnt make a sucsessful recovery.

DanOz

Juniors
Halfback if Sheens wont play Moltzen in his position, prop, as evidenced by the fact Sheens feels the need to dust the cobwebs off Skandalis and keep playing him, and maybe fullback - as good as Brown is, he is not a fullback in the Hodgson mould, and if one of the new players could be an 80% kicker I would jizz in my pants.

gronkathon

First Grade
We will need to recruit some forward depth. Very few players from either State Cup squad will be sticking around under Sheens

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wouldn't be surprised if Moltzen comes into the side and wears the #17 all season long

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Halfback if Sheens wont play Moltzen in his position, prop, as evidenced by the fact Sheens feels the need to dust the cobwebs off Skandalis and keep playing him, and maybe fullback - as good as Brown is, he is not a fullback in the Hodgson mould, and if one of the new players could be an 80% kicker I would jizz in my pants.
I'm more than happy with Lui or Moltzen at half and McKinnon or Brown at fullback and Benji's kicking should only get better. (I'd wait another season before making any big decisions on those positions) We missed out on Micheal Gordon big time and should have thrown heaps at him as a winger and goalkicker. A representative prop would be the only area I'd look to strengthen this offseason and tie up some of the off contract players now for next year.

DanOz

Juniors
I'm more than happy with Lui or Moltzen at half and McKinnon or Brown at fullback and Benji's kicking should only get better. (I'd wait another season before making any big decisions on those positions) We missed out on Micheal Gordon big time and should have thrown heaps at him as a winger and goalkicker. A representative prop would be the only area I'd look to strengthen this offseason and tie up some of the off contract players now for next year.

With Michael Gordon at fullback and goalkicker, Moltzen at halfback I think we would have been downright dangerous. But Sheens has other ideas...

macnaz

Staff member
With Michael Gordon at fullback and goalkicker, Moltzen at halfback I think we would have been downright dangerous. But Sheens has other ideas...
Well i think Lui has answered you prayers and we will likely now have Moltz at half .

andrew9148

Juniors
Lui will be starting half next year. The fact this is all going to be dealt with in the off season will help him. Much less publicity. Imagine if this had happened last week!

pirie

Juniors
i would like to see next year

1. brown
2. tui
3. ashy
4. lawrence
5. tuqiri

if TNT not fit play moltzen inside ashy and move him to the wing. I think he could be a potentialy great winger he has the speed and strengh

andrew9148

Juniors
Yeah for the Longbay Lions

I can 100% guarantee that he will not be going to prison. Criminal law is my turf. Look at Bird, Wayne Carey in terms of celebrity wife issues. Yes The tigers may punt him, but I doubt it. His Mrs would basically have to put the boot in and give evidence to lock up the father of her child and to deny her significant financial support. She will do a Mrs Inglis or Mrs Bird.

macnaz

Staff member
No one can guarantee that 100% , if the allegations are true and what he had done is bad enough he may well do time. Also lets wait and see if Brett Stewart's celebrity status helps him.

N.C.

Juniors
No one can guarantee that 100% , if the allegations are true and what he had done is bad enough he may well do time. Also lets wait and see if Brett Stewart's celebrity status helps him.

So, where were you going with this again? The world of Rugby League does look out for its own, after all...

...and as for that guarantee - anyone who reckons Lui will do time for assault has obviously never had any contact with the criminal justice system. You're as squeaky clean as they come, eh mac?

R2Coupe

Juniors
Dwyer - two more years at Tigers till 2013 - source RLW

David Fifita - anywhere but Tigers. Wants to prove himself and needs to get out - source RLW.