What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official 2010 F1 Season Thread

The 18th Man

Juniors
For discussion of the 2010 F1 Season.

Mark-Webber-001.jpg

My team: Ferrari
My driver: Mark Webber (Red Bull - AUS); the two Ferrari Driver's at the time (Massa and Alonso)

Last edited:

The 18th Man

Juniors
Round 1: Bahrain Grand Prix

Qualifying:

Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel on pole for the Bahrain grand prix

From correspondents in Manama, Bahrain
March 13, 2010
Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel took the first pole of the new Formula One season when setting the quickest time in final qualifying for the Bahrain Grand Prix.
Ferrari's Felipe Massa will start alongside the German on the front row followed by former champions Fernando Alonso in a Ferrari and Lewis Hamilton in a McLaren.

Australian Mark Webber was sixth fastest in the second Red Bull ahead of returning legend Michael Schumacher in his Mercedes and the McLaren of reigning world champion Jenson Button.

• 2. Felipe Massa (BRA/FER) +0.141
    3. Fernando Alonso (ESP/FER) 0.507
    4. Lewis Hamilton (ENG/MLA) 1.116
    5. Nico Rosberg (GER/MER) 1.140
    6. Mark Webber (AUS/RBR) 1.183
    7. Michael Schumacher (GER/MER) 1.423
    8. Jenson Button (ENG/MLA) 1.571
    9. Robert Kubica (POL/REN) 1.784
    10. Adrian Sutil (GER/FOR) 2.208

I watched qualifying on OneHD last night, Red Bull and Ferrari look the class of the field. I was disappointed in Mark Webber not qualifying a little higher last night. The return of F1 legen Michael Schumacher really added some buzz to proceedings, his young team mate got him in round one, I think he will come out on top over the long F1 season. It's his first competitive weekend in 3 years.

Looking forward to this. Hoping Mark Webber can get on the podium.

Parra

Referee
Webber will have to pull his finger out. Only one race in - but Vettel has already shown just how good the Red Bull is and how big the gap is between his performance and Webbers.

Once Webber made that mistake in qualifying he was never going to get a podium. Only one stop meant less chance to get out in a better track position.

Y2Eel

First Grade
The season is going to be pretty boring with the no refueling stuff....

Slackboy72

Coach
The season is going to be pretty boring with the no refueling stuff....
Seriously, the first race was the most boring F1 race I've seen ever, and I've been watching since 86. It was a race to the first corner and then nigh on two hours of tyre conservation. No trying to go fast. No opportunity to race.
I won't be tuning in again all year. Just read the qualifying results and you just about have your finishing order there.

griffo346

First Grade
Lewis Hamilton suggests Mark Webber may retire at Formula One season's end

By Josh Jerga
March 24, 2010
Former Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton says he wouldn't be surprised if Red Bull Racing's Australian driver Mark Webber retires at the end of the season.
Hamilton reaffirmed what he's been saying all week, that Webber's Red Bull team have the fastest cars in the F1 championship.

The Briton said the 33-year-old Australian had his best chance to win his home grand prix at Albert Park in Melbourne this Sunday - 10 years after his F1 debut there.

"I don't know how long he (Webber) plans to stay in Formula One but I get the sense that it's one of the years he wants to finish on top and perhaps call it a day,'' Hamilton said in Sydney on Wednesday.

"He has the best chance to end on that high this year and I wouldn't be surprised if he is considering it.''

The Australian Grand Prix has provided 25-year-old Hamilton with some pivotal moments in his short yet successful career.

He made his Formula One debut there in 2007, coming third. In 2008 the 25-year-old Briton did even better, winning the first race of the season in Melbourne.

However last year, Hamilton was caught up in controversy when stewards reconvened and decided he had misled them over an overtaking incident when the race was under safety car conditions.

He was subsequently disqualified from the race and stripped of his third placing.
The McLaren driver said it was very tough to deal with the fall-out from the controversy and, at times, he even thought about quitting.

"A lot of thoughts went through my mind,'' Hamilton said.

"So of course at that moment I thought there was something else I'd rather be doing.

"I got through it and came out a much stronger individual ... that was one of the very tough learning experiences. I always have to learn the hard way.''

AAP

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26894217-5018892,00.html

Parra

Referee
Vettel has led the two races comfortably only to suffer mechanical failure each time.

bmwpower

Juniors
finally vettel gets a win he deserves. if webber held his pole position he would of won the race. shows that vettel is a way better driver

Deacon

First Grade
Webber quality weeks work, top of everything including practice and qualifying. Congrats on the win

Gene Krupa

Referee
I watched the whole race tonight, last week, I forgot it was on and turned on to the after race press conference.

Parra

Referee
Two very convincing wins in a row. Hard to stop a driver with so much confidence in a fast car.

Latest posts