What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official 2011 Formula One Season Thread

The 18th Man

Juniors
980434-mark-webber-and-daniel-ricciardo.jpg

Webber and Ricciardo

Last season's thread died in the arse, lets try and keep this one thriving over the course of a season. I will do my best.

Nothing changes for this F1 fan. I am loyal to the Ferrari team, my dream car manufacturer and obvious F1 team as I saw it as a boy attending the Adelaide GP, though really cannot stomach Fernando Alonso. It stems from his Renault days. First and foremost, my patriotic ties see me support the careers of Mark Webber and young Daniel Ricciardo who will be our next World Champion (though happy for Webber to prove me wrong). I've had the pleasure of meeting young Daniel and he is ready to make his mark on the F1 world!

Heading down to Melbourne for the Grand Prix, my fifth in a row. I've been to 9 Melbourne GP's in total (incl 2011).

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
not fully f1, but today button took the f1 car around bathurst, deadset the bloody thing is loud around the track from memory he posted a time of 1:48.... Lowndes did a 1:49... and in the v8 Lowndes a 2:11 and Button a 2:17

WireMan

Bench
I gotta go for the McLaren team myself.

Especially now there are two Brits driving.

I have a soft spot for Lotus though, you gotta love those racing green cars. Hopefully there will be an improvement over last year. They did what Honda did the other year and spent last season developing this years car.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Practice today! Let's hope Webber is right on the pace from the get go and young Ricciardo is pushing the Torro Rosso drivers to their limit. It's only a matter of time before Daniel realises his dream and I'd say we all hitch our bandwagon to him, he will be a superstar (the papers are FINALLY doing this now).

The 18th Man

Juniors
p.s. Missed out on the GP - family stuff happened at our end. Hoping the coverage on TV is much improved from the last time I saw it from my lounge room.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Webber looks strong, as does Red Bull as a whole as expected. Another 2010 type season with the rest chasing them? I think so, though I expect Ferrari to be up to speed a lot quicker than they did in 2010.

Loved seeing Ricciardo out there, I know I've harped about him, but he has that something about him.

Parra

Referee
I'm on Button for this one. Looks like the tyres will play a big role and Button can nurse the car as well as adapt strategy on the fly.

Webber and Vettel are not so good at either of these things. Button has proven that he is a master at them.

With the variable wing, variable weather and unknown tyres it will be a tacticians race.

Can't wait.

griffo346

First Grade
one hd has improved this year IMO now we can watch the f1 coverage live from there website if you cant see the tv

The 18th Man

Juniors
HERE IT IS! Qualifying! I love this, F1 is back baby! Come on Webber! Pole position, a win tomorrow no doubt the year I couldn't attend.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Nothing about Webber's sensational drive last week? One of the best Grands Prix I've seen, and not just for Webber's efforts. The whole field kept chopping and changing the entire race.

Parra

Referee
The season continues in the same vein.

Webber knocked to the rear of the field early, but comes through for 3rd.

Button makes a pass on the last lap for the win.

The whinging about Hamilton is ridiculous. The guy is a racer.

Parra

Referee
Monza tonight. Will be interesting at the front.

Huge anticipation after the spectacular race at Spa.

Latest posts