What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oldest debut player in NRL?

Jordan

Juniors
Joel Riethmuller at the Cowboys was 26 I'm pretty sure when he made his debut a couple of years ago

Lambretta

First Grade
lol. I reckon I could be a contender at 42.

Rockin' the 1971 vibe there SNAFU
Knew I liked you for a reason.

It's my ambition to become the masseuse for the cheer girls at Cronulla or the Wests Tigers

I reckon at our age that's the only avenue left open to us.

playdaball

Bench
What about the likes of andy platt, frano botica - players who made their Nrl debuts after long uk careers

Sleep

Juniors
What was Matt Bowens mate for Brisbanes name? Prop/backrower. He was old. William Bubba Kennedy for Balmain Tigers way back when was 28 or something.

Sir Biffo

Bench
Nah when he debuted he had no hair! Youtube the clip of Scotty Minto getting the try when goes the ridiculous 78 metre high jump and Parker (who was a biggest loser candidate) throws the pass, he was a body double for Mark O'Meley.

RedVDave

First Grade
Not sure of there ages but James Stosic and Brian Carney both come to mind, also a side question what's the oldest you can be to qualify for rookie of the year?

nqcowboy87

Bench
i think there was a knights player who they picked up from the bush at age 27. plus there was also hutch maiva debuted at the dogs at 28, then a couple of years at the sharks

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Arthur Hennessy was 31 when he made his debut for Souths in 1908.
Bill Hardcastle was 34 when he made his debut for Glebe in 1909
John (Jack) Barnett was 30 when he made his debut for Newtown in 1910
Chris McKivat was 30 when he made his debut for Glebe in 1910
Charles McMurtrie was 33 when he made his debut for Balmain in 1911

Timbo

Staff member
Bert Ironmonger played his first cricket test at 46, and last at 51.

Not NRL but still impressive.

Latest posts