What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Olympic Park - little help?

Dog-E

Juniors
Mm, yes - walking from Richmond stn is looking more & more like my preferred option I think!

chemicalbrother said:
go to Hallam station, get zone 1+2+3 ticket cost $12.30 it takes 40-45mins to Richmond Station.
Is Hallam stn the closest one to Hampton Park then?...or do we need to go to Hallam FROM hampton pk to change lines or something?

Once we actually GET to richmond - we can just ask someone where to go, if we can't see anything!

Trains are an hour frequency i think
Hmmm, thats a concern - might have to try & get in REALLY early then...and just have a few beers, catch a few rays & catch some of that international footy curtain-raiser someone was talking about b4! ;)

storm007

Juniors
Cranbourne- 12.02 arrive at Richmond 12.52 12.42 Cranbourne arrive at Richmond 1.52 1.22 Cranbourne arrive at Richmond 2.12

Hallam - 12.28 arrive at Richmond 1.05 1.08 arrive at Richmond 1.52.

If you can get a bus or a lift to Dandenong Station (next one up from Hallam), trains run more often from there.

Dog-E

Juniors
storm007 said:
Cranbourne- 12.02 arrive at Richmond 12.52 12.42 Cranbourne arrive at Richmond 1.52 1.22 Cranbourne arrive at Richmond 2.12

If you can get a bus or a lift to Dandenong Station (next one up from Hallam), trains run more often from there.

Mate, you're a champion! :D I'm sure we can get a lift 2 dandenong stn at the very least! And one of those trains'll do nicely.

I'll see all u Stormheads down there then!...Good Luck - its ALWAYS a great game between us & you!!...Can't WAIT! ;-)

Surandy

Bench
Hoggy said:
There is usually some sort of random curtain raiser. Last week's was Australian Aff. States vs Cook Islands.

An international. 8)

Round 24 the curtain raiser is Greece vs Victoria.

Dog-E said:
storm007 said:

Mate, you're a champion! :D I'm sure we can get a lift 2 dandenong stn at the very least! And one of those trains'll do nicely.

I'll see all u Stormheads down there then!...Good Luck - its ALWAYS a great game between us & you!!...Can't WAIT! ;-)

No buses run on Sunday in the area i think. but if your far away from the Station ring Dandenong Taxis 97912111 (i think that the number)

Craig

Juniors
If you are not doing anything on the Saturday I would suggest that you go and make your way to the ground so you know where you are going and don't get lost on the Sunday.

That way if you get lost on the Saturday it won't be so bad as you will have the opportunity to find where the ground etc. is.

Hoggy

Bench
Don't bother with Craig's advice. It's piss easy from Flinders St (or if you don't wanna go that far, Richmond station). ;-)

Craig

Juniors
Personally you are better off walking there.

If you can see the MCG, then all you need to do is walk towards it.

Dog-E

Juniors
Hey again!...It's getting closer...my flights are booked - accomodation with friends arranged - It's all happening...cant wait - I'M EXCITED!!!!! :lol:

Slight change of plans tho - if we can get a 5 seater cab - we are now thinking of catching a cab from the city - say from Flinders St Station - to the groubd...or as close as we can get to the actual ground...then walk!

Is this a good idea?...Just roughly A. how long a drive is that?...And B. Any ideas on a rough fare amount of this trip?

Cost shouldnt be too bad between 4 of us we're figuring...and probably a lot easier than PT!

Cheers once again! ;)

It'll take about 5 minutes from the station, costs $4.70. I had a shared cab ride from Olympic Park to Flinders station after the Eels game and that's roughly how much it says on the meter when i got off. Definitely no more than $5.00

Dog-E

Juniors
For real??? :O

I thought it was...heaps further than that!!....Dunno WHY i thought that?!!?..Boy did I have the wrong impression!! lol

So u really CAN just walk there from Flinders St station?!!...Hmm, I must have misunderstood what some of u were saying above! Geez, i'm not THAT lazy - nearly, but not QUITE! lol - i think we'll just get ourselves to Flinders St stn then - ask someone which direction to walk in - and just hoof it from there!...If my mates start complaining - then ill just slap em - and double the pace!! :lol:

You lot are due for a big performance...whilst last week would have been a REAL high for us...coming back down to earth this week could HURT...if we're niot careful!!

All I know is Storm/Dpgs affairs are ALWAYS played @ 100 miles an hour and are a thrill-a-minute, with incident aplenty!!...BEST OF LUCK STORM-HEADS!!...She should be a beauty!! ;)

Dog-E said:
For real??? :O

I thought it was...heaps further than that!!....Dunno WHY i thought that?!!?..Boy did I have the wrong impression!! lol

So u really CAN just walk there from Flinders St station?!!...Hmm, I must have misunderstood what some of u were saying above! Geez, i'm not THAT lazy - nearly, but not QUITE! lol - i think we'll just get ourselves to Flinders St stn then - ask someone which direction to walk in - and just hoof it from there!...If my mates start complaining - then ill just slap em - and double the pace!! :lol:

You lot are due for a big performance...whilst last week would have been a REAL high for us...coming back down to earth this week could HURT...if we're niot careful!!

All I know is Storm/Dpgs affairs are ALWAYS played @ 100 miles an hour and are a thrill-a-minute, with incident aplenty!!...BEST OF LUCK STORM-HEADS!!...She should be a beauty!! ;)

All you need is a cab from Hampton park to Hallam Station or Dandenong Station.

Dog-E

Juniors
I was thinking of either getting a lift or driving 2 Hallam/Dandenong Stn (Not sure how far the mate Im staying with actually lives from either)

Going to either Richmond/Flinders St stn....and then just walking!

Might catch a cab for that last bit if we see one, but - it doesnt get much easier than that!!...We'll be right either way - and thanks for all your help!....Win, lose or draw - I'm gonna have a BALL in melbourne this weekend!! :D

Heheh! Of course....it'll be MORE of a ball if we win!...but it's all gonna be fun with a capital F regardless - a weekend out with the boys, away from the fiancee - HOW can that POSSIBLY be a bad thing!??!!! Heheheheh!! ;)

Dog-E said:
I was thinking of either getting a lift or driving 2 Hallam/Dandenong Stn (Not sure how far the mate Im staying with actually lives from either)

Going to either Richmond/Flinders St stn....and then just walking!

Might catch a cab for that last bit if we see one, but - it doesnt get much easier than that!!...We'll be right either way - and thanks for all your help!....Win, lose or draw - I'm gonna have a BALL in melbourne this weekend!! :D

Heheh! Of course....it'll be MORE of a ball if we win!...but it's all gonna be fun with a capital F regardless - a weekend out with the boys, away from the fiancee - HOW can that POSSIBLY be a bad thing!??!!! Heheheheh!! ;)

Pm me where you going to be staying in Hampton Park.I know a bit of the Area.Sort of My old Stomping Ground

Latest posts