What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only ODI: Pakistan v Afghanistan at Sharjah Feb 10, 2012

Hallatia

Referee
this match has been thoroughly enjoyable so far. It is wonderful to see Afghanistan compete like this against a full strength Pakistan. End of the 33rd now, Afghanistan 145/5. Current partnership is 44, Mohammad NAbi currently in on 36 and Samiullah Shenwari in on 14

Hallatia

Referee
they were on track to make 250 odd before Nabi got out. I am not sure whether their tail can bat at all, but I don't see any reason why they shouldn't get over 200

Hallatia

Referee
these Afghanis are big hitters, the number 9 just hit a six off Ajmal. More than half their runs have come from boundaries too

Hallatia

Referee
Afridi and Ajmal have both bowled their ten with 5 overs to play and Afghanistan currently on 184/7

Hallatia

Referee
eighth wicket falls. Afghanistan 193/7 in the 47th

From what I've seen tonight, I think Afghanistan would be easily ahead of Zimbabwe and perhaps even Bangladesh. They play an exciting and uninhibited brand of cricket all the way down the order and they are prepared to do this against opposition that is far ahead of them, which I think is wonderful

A strange looking wicket fell as I was typing, LBW given as the ball looked like running for a four. The angle the ball came off the pad/bat was very unusual for an LBW. 194/9

Hallatia

Referee
:( Afghanistan all out for 195 and didn't manage to complete the 50, still think it was a great effort all round from them and I look forward to seeing what they can do with the ball. There is some swing on offer, so the pitch is prepared to give assistance to those who know how to use it.
I am not overly familiar with the Afghan bowlers, but Hamid Hassan was interestingly left out of the side which seems to be a capable cricket side

Hallatia

Referee
Bowlers have started really well, bowling quite nicely and have now gotten the scalp of Hafeez in the forth over, Pakistan 9/1 after 4.

Mayor West

Juniors
Both opening bowlers for Afghanistan bowling over 130 km's/h......
One left hander, one right hander, both bowling quite well in tandom. Keen to see what other bowlers they have cause at the moment these 2 actually look really good. Some really smart field placements for the left armer as well..... Good to see.

Mayor West

Juniors
I didn't get to see them bat, but Afghanistan look like a proper team in the field...Besides some elementary errors (Quite a few overthrows, with some needless, over enthusiastic throws at the stumps).

The bowlers aren't getting much swing from what i can see, but they look to bowl to a plan. The captain looks to set up a field for those plans as well.

I watched a fair bit of Zimbabwe against NZ, but i must say Afghanistan look alot better as a team.....They are dead set competing here. Pakistan now 2 down.

Mayor West

Juniors
Another thing to add....They look like India in the field....After they got rid of the older statesmen. Really enthusiastic, sometimes to much, but they look really athletic when stopping runs and the like. Need to know when to have a shy at the stumps but they have been really impressive so far.

Mayor West

Juniors
These guys would definitely compete with Zimbabwe. Actually they look like a side that would show a hell of alot more fight if they were up against New Zealand. Might be due to it being their first ODI but there is definitely something about them. They have a couple of bowlers who bowl perfectly seam up right but just get nothing off the pitch at the moment....A bit of swing or seam for a couple of these bowlers and they would have Pakistan under a bit more added pressure.

African Monkey

First Grade
Lol settle down people. I'm not saying that Afghanastan are crap but don't talk them up to epic proportions after 1 performance.

IanG

Coach
Don't be surprised if they qualify for the next world cup. They just missed out on last year's world cup

Hallatia

Referee
I think Afghanistan did a better job competing with Pakistan than England have so far in this tour. And, the person who did most of the damage against Afghanistan was not even playing against England - but he will be for the England v Pakistan limited overs matches