What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin 3 - 2017

Life's Good

Coach
I am in the states at he moment and will be in New York(Manhattan)for origin 3. Can anyone help me find a bar that would be showing the game live?? Or where I can search to find somewhere that might be showing it??
Thanks.

Danish

Referee
What area of the city are you staying in?

The Australian is on 38th St between 5th and 6th Ave shows every origin live. They open about 5:30am I believe on origin day:

http://wp.theaustraliannyc.com/

I expect origin will get pretty packed so you might want to drop them an email and see about booking a table to be sure you get in.

I haven't watched an origin there myself but did watch Roosters games there for a few weeks running when we first moved over until we got our apartment and cable sorted.

There are also a few aussie cafes downtown that I think open up for origin also, but the Australian has a pretty awesome set up for watching sport (big projected screen plus dozens of plasmas everywhere to watch on).

Life's Good

Coach
What area of the city are you staying in?

The Australian is on 38th St between 5th and 6th Ave shows every origin live. They open about 5:30am I believe on origin day:

http://wp.theaustraliannyc.com/

I expect origin will get pretty packed so you might want to drop them an email and see about booking a table to be sure you get in.

I haven't watched an origin there myself but did watch Roosters games there for a few weeks running when we first moved over until we got our apartment and cable sorted.

There are also a few aussie cafes downtown that I think open up for origin also, but the Australian has a pretty awesome set up for watching sport (big projected screen plus dozens of plasmas everywhere to watch on).
109E & 42nd st. Just had a look at their website(looks perfect). I am on a family holiday so it will only be me heading there. I will contact them and see if I need to book a spot.
Much appreciated.

Danish

Referee
109E & 42nd st. Just had a look at their website(looks perfect). I am on a family holiday so it will only be me heading there. I will contact them and see if I need to book a spot.
Much appreciated.

No probs mate.

The other places that show it are downtown or in Brooklyn, so the Australian is definitely your best bet given where you are staying.

Failing that, the game is shown on the channel FS2 over here, so you could also check if your hotel carries that channel (sometimes you get lucky).

Last resort, the NRL's official livestream website works well if you know your way around a VPN

Life's Good

Coach
No probs mate.

The other places that show it are downtown or in Brooklyn, so the Australian is definitely your best bet given where you are staying.

Failing that, the game is shown on the channel FS2 over here, so you could also check if your hotel carries that channel (sometimes you get lucky).

Last resort, the NRL's official livestream website works well if you know your way around a VPN
Very helpful. Looks like there are plenty of options. Thanks heaps again.