What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin Reps

Fangs

Coach
Forever the optimist...one positive from our awful start: We won't have as many origin reps.

At the start of the year I had:

Likely:

Moylan
Mansour
Merrin
Tamou

Possible:

Peachey
RCG
Cartwright
Wallace
Yeo
Cleary (Very likely if we are down 2-0 and the series is gone)

Right now I think Wallace is the only man who is firming for a place in the team. Simply because NSW have a lack of quality 9's.

Merrin and Tamou are being outplayed. Moylan might feature off the bench again but I think they might go with Jack Bird instead. Mansour won't be picked for games I or II due to injury.

Anyone else able to get some positive vibes out of this?

age.s

First Grade
Not even Wallace? Hes been pretty good and NSW have next to no options.

betcats

Referee

He works hard but his decision making is poor at crucial times and he gives away a lot of dumb penalties. When we needed him to step up against souths he overplayed his hand and threw a number of shit passes and made a number of shit decisions. If all he has to do is pass and tackle he is fine, when he feels like he needs to do more his shitness comes out.

You could probably make an argument he should still be picked but I am not feeling very generous.

GongPanther

Referee
Screw origin. I watch SOO,but only to watch the players from other teams either bash the crap out of each other,or hope for send offs.

My point is purely selfish to the point that I'm only concerned with my team getting up the ladder.

In saying that,I don't think the SOO selectors will pick players whose head is not in the right space.

And besides,it'll make Lozza's job a lot easier if Penrith continue to disappoint.

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
Peach deserves a bench spot. For whatever reason Matty Moylan already has one hand on the no.6 jersey, reported that Daley wants him there - which I don't understand given he is unproven as a frontline defender and he hasn't played in the 6 jersey for us. If he is chosen at least that may give him a bit of a confidence boost. Rep honours, whether City/Country or SOO honours gives the players picked a bit of a morale boost and come back better players at club land.

Frankus

Juniors
Not one of these numpties deserves an origin Jersey.
Koroisau is surely a lay down misere for the hooker spot. As solid as Wallace has been, why in the world would anyone pick him over Api?

Munted

Bench
None.
I wouldn't bother rushing Mansour in either, regardless of the Series on the line.
Want to ease that ACL back into contact.

Fangs

Coach
I ain't interested in making a case for our players in Origin either. I want NSW to win, but I want the Panthers to win the comp even more.

The real question is whether our selectors and Daley will select them. And right now the only player I see as being likely is Wallace. Moylan 2nd just on his ability but certainly not on form.

If that is the case then it will certainly help us during the rep season.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...l/news-story/c9ea277a0dd35542d7d890673486b6e4

LOZ STAYS LOYAL

WE can reveal the NSW Blues halves combination for the opening State of Origin game against the Maroons. Barring injuries, it will be Cronulla Sharks star James Maloney at halfback with Penrith skipper Matt Moylan at five-eighth. This was the same combination coach Laurie Daley used last season to win the final game of the series. Daley is not concerned about Moylan’s recent off-field problems at the Panthers.

TheFrog

Coach
Moylan, Wallace, Merrin, Tamou and Peachey are all chances, but I would be happy if none of them make it, given the way the side is travelling.

The club should hold Mansour back until it is too late for him to be selected even for game 3, this allows the club to manage his return rather than the NSW regime who couldn't give a shit if his return is successful or not.

Honestly the only player that would make the side due to Daley's loyalty would be Moylan at 6.

Hayne and Bird would be ahead of Peachey for a centre position with the other most likely Bird playing utility off the bench..Peach hasn't done himself any favours the past few weeks with his defence.
Merrin was in great form last year and overlooked. This year his form is poor and I think a few player like Jake Trbojevic, De Belin have gone ahead of him.
In my opinion I thought Tamou was struggling to hold his spot last year in the series and I think he will miss out.
If Farah is half fit Daley will pick him regardless.
Carty no chance.