What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: ‘Jump on him’: Former Bulldogs player lodges $4m lawsuit over ‘humiliating’ training incident

Quigs

Immortal
Did they throw the young fella in against Dick "Bulldog" Brower or what.

Bulldog-browerjacket.jpg

10.jpg

100722_0.jpg

Stake Removed

First Grade
Be interesting to see how many people are called in court, already mentioned is Ciraldo and Gus.
I could imagine players as well, if there stories are different be interesting and ex players as well. Be interesting what version the player at Dragons gives if called.
This is a civil trial not criminal so probability of what happened is deemed to be lower

Frenzy.

Immortal
Be interesting to see how many people are called in court, already mentioned is Ciraldo and Gus.
I could imagine players as well, if there stories are different be interesting and ex players as well. Be interesting what version the player at Dragons gives if called.
This is a civil trial not criminal so probability of what happened is deemed to be lower
I think Travis Touma might get a little subpoena.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Might be a fair contingent of hostile witnesses as well. Like half the dudes you mention.

Chimp

Bench
Regardless of the rights or wrongs of this type of ‘punishment’, this sort of thing is common practice in all professional sports, but especially rugby league.
If he wins in Court (which I think he would as they’ll apply standard workplace regs and expectations, which just don’t quite work for pro sport) or he gets a pay out, there’ll be a log jam of former players who didn’t make the cut, or fancy a payout that will jump on board the gravy train. Lawyers will have a field day with this.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Keith Titmus died from exertion heat stroke after a training session. This will end up in court as well.

Chimp

Bench
Keith Titmus died from exertion heat stroke after a training session. This will end up in court as well.
I mentioned that on the NRL page - unless something is done to create different workplace regs/obligations for professional sport, then it’s doomed.
There needs to be specific regulations around sport that protects its participants, but ensures the sports can continue without being fundamentally changed. It’s a real hard one, but ultimately it has to get to a place where the level of risk of playing the sport (both professionally and amateur) is known and accepted once you choose to participate.