What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

hindy111

Post Whore
Drew Brees is having one of his worse years stats wise compared to last 4 seasons. But This is New orleans best yeat in that period.
Put Brees in NE and he would also have a few nore rings to his name.

Carr is good enough to take you all the way.

T.S Quint

Coach
Do you want Derek Carr?

I'll drive him to San Fran myself.

He sucks sooooo bad.

A couple if months ago I would have said "He'll yes!" to that.
He has the tools to play the game well. We've seen it before. He had a great year last season. I'm sure coaches have figured him out a bit, but it's up to him now to get past that and improve.
Hopefully he has the mental fortitude to do that.

The Raiders are not done yet. They will be back (unfortunately - sorry, I just hate the Raiders. Bay Area rivals and all).

T.S Quint

Coach
Drew Brees is having one of his worse years stats wise compared to last 4 seasons. But This is New orleans best yeat in that period.
Put Brees in NE and he would also have a few nore rings to his name.

Carr is good enough to take you all the way.

I've always liked Brees. He's an elite QB, but I don't think he gets enough credit like others do. I guess his teams are not as successful though, so that would account for it.
Although I think Roethlisberger doesn't get the credit he deserves as well, and he has 2 SB rings!

Oscarman

Juniors
Eli isnt the problem. Carr isnt the problem.
Eli if it the jaguars right now would be my superbowl faves.
We don't want the mouth breathing dummy. He'd only be holding the clipboard anyway. Bort actually looks like a competent QB these days.

Eelementary

Post Whore
A couple if months ago I would have said "He'll yes!" to that.
He has the tools to play the game well. We've seen it before. He had a great year last season. I'm sure coaches have figured him out a bit, but it's up to him now to get past that and improve.
Hopefully he has the mental fortitude to do that.

The Raiders are not done yet. They will be back (unfortunately - sorry, I just hate the Raiders. Bay Area rivals and all).

I'm going to put myself on the line here - as long as Derek Carr is our QB, we will achieve nothing.

Never rated the guy.

Has no instincts, he's soft...not a fan at all, tbh.

hybrideel

Bench
I'm going to put myself on the line here - as long as Derek Carr is our QB, we will achieve nothing.

Never rated the guy.

Has no instincts, he's soft...not a fan at all, tbh.
I'll give it to you mate, you have stuck to that opinion right from the start, even through their good last season. I don't have anywhere near the knowledge of a lot of you guys given I only renewed my interest after Hayne went over there, after I pretty much stopped watching in the mid 90s when it was only on Tuesdays nights with Don Lane, but how much of passing problems comes down to the shot caller? Didn't they change from who was calling them last season? I do agree that he needs to harden the f**k up. He falls over if some merkin breathes on him and never looks to run himself if out of passing options. Also his receivers bar Cook who has been great, need to learn to catch the f**king ball

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'll give it to you mate, you have stuck to that opinion right from the start, even through their good last season. I don't have anywhere near the knowledge of a lot of you guys given I only renewed my interest after Hayne went over there, after I pretty much stopped watching in the mid 90s when it was only on Tuesdays nights with Don Lane, but how much of passing problems comes down to the shot caller? Didn't they change from who was calling them last season? I do agree that he needs to harden the f**k up. He falls over if some merkin breathes on him and never looks to run himself if out of passing options. Also his receivers bar Cook who has been great, need to learn to catch the f**king ball

It's definitely not all on Carr - he's clearly talented.

But imo, he has a cannon for an arm - and that's all.

His instincts are pretty poor, and he does not know when to take the sack, and when to force the pass/throw it away.

I think I'm very harsh on him because he's the highest paid player in the game - I don't see how he could possibly command the salary he gets paid...and then I remember that it was Oakland that pays him (the same clowns who signed, and overpaid, JaMarcus Russell)...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Maybe a better coach is in order.
Needs to get BA over there to sort him out.

Wasn't keen on Del Rio, to be sure.

I think we need an overhaul from top to bottom.

We have a million-dollar O-line, decent receivers, and a good RB core.

But aside from Khalil Mack (who I'm pretty sure is actually God in disguise), our D sucks horribly.

Get a new Head Coach, Offensive, and Defensive Co-ordinator, imo.

T.S Quint

Coach
Wasn't keen on Del Rio, to be sure.

I think we need an overhaul from top to bottom.

We have a million-dollar O-line, decent receivers, and a good RB core.

But aside from Khalil Mack (who I'm pretty sure is actually God in disguise), our D sucks horribly.

Get a new Head Coach, Offensive, and Defensive Co-ordinator, imo.

That's what we've just been through - for the third time in a row.
At least this time it seems to be working. Then again we were still f**ken hopeless until Jimmy G- spot came along.

T.S Quint

Coach
44 points against the best defence in the NFL.

giphy.gif

Kornstar

Coach
Yes great game. Foles was brilliant and hopefully he can back it up. Must be hard for Wentz.

I thought Jags had some rough calls but Brady was clutch.

"All glory to god" - Nick Foles straight after the game

I wonder if Wentz feels the same........

They dominated the Vikings, i wasn't expecting that!

Jags got unlucky but in the end the stupid penalties they gave away knowing that the Pats will always get those calls ended up being their downfall. They were impressive though.

Imo the Pats will destroy the Eagles cause i think they played their Super Bowl today unfortunately.

hindy111

Post Whore

Jags got unlucky but in the end the stupid penalties they gave away knowing that the Pats will always get those calls ended up being their downfall. They were impressive though.

Imo the Pats will destroy the Eagles cause i think they played their Super Bowl today unfortunately.

The pats should win cause they have the better Qb. I can not see this philli team neing a yhting but 100% effort and hunger. I didnt expect them to beat Falcons or Sota.
Its a bit of a fairytale for the eagles who where 40-1 at season start. And thst was before Went,Hicks,Sproles,Peters went down.....

Hard to see how Philly beat New England. I wish they would though. Maybe Gronk (not you) will be ruled out with a sore head or something, that would help.

Jaguars were very good, and with a bit of luck would have won today. Immense effort from the GM / coaching team (as well as the players).