What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
oh really ?

then we should just ignore our rules that have been in place for 17 years to suit certain people but then apply it to others ?

strider

Post Whore
I'm saying no such thing

But I've seen you say on here several times that someone didn't have to source something cos it was common knowledge

Suitman

Post Whore
oh really ?

then we should just ignore our rules that have been in place for 17 years to suit certain people but then apply it to others ?

Many apologies.
Just thought it was common knowledge in the media I and didn't need to provide a link at the time I posted.

Avenger

Immortal
Anyway I heard from a reliable source that the A League starts tonight. Just here to wish my confused Serbian mate @Suitman an enjoyable season even though you will get nowhere near Sydney FC who of all teams have recruited a Croat and lost two Serbs.

#back2back

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
Anyway I heard from a reliable source that the A League starts tonight. Just here to wish my confused Serbian mate @Suitman an enjoyable season even though you will get nowhere near Sydney FC who of all players have recruited a Croat and lost two Serbs.

#back2back

:D:D

Now see, this is what I call GOOD trolling. Not that shit that Phantom Bart dishes up.
Mate, I'm really looking forward to the season.......sort of. I'll get to the "sort of" later.

No doubt your mob are favourites with the punters, and deserve to be. You've recruited well to cover for the loss of Ninkovic and Ibini. That Polish dude looks the goods. Difficult to go back to back but if anyone can, I reckon it's you lot who represent the East. You'll miss Vukovic big time though.

Our mob have recruited well too. 3 Spaniards, Bonaveccia, Risdon. Now all we have to do is recruit a new Gaffer. Geez, wasn't that a shock? I wish Popa well. He deserves our respect regardless of the timing of his decision.

I think this will be a closer season than last. The bottom teams have strengthened their squads. Newcastle have Ernie Merrick on board. Okon has strengthened the Mariners squad. So have Perth.
Not sure about Adelaide, and my guess is that the Phoenix will take the spoon. Roar could be a disappointment with an aging squad. City? Who cares about the plastics.

The "sort of" comment above, is that the one thing I'm NOT looking forward to this season is another season stuck at f**king Olympic Park. Both Spotless and ANZ are deplorable venues for football.
Bring on the new WSS!!!

Avenger

Immortal
:D:D

Now see, this is what I call GOOD trolling. Not that shit that Phantom Bart dishes up.
Mate, I'm really looking forward to the season.......sort of. I'll get to the "sort of" later.

No doubt your mob are favourites with the punters, and deserve to be. You've recruited well to cover for the loss of Ninkovic and Ibini. That Polish dude looks the goods. Difficult to go back to back but if anyone can, I reckon it's you lot who represent the East. You'll miss Vukovic big time though.

Our mob have recruited well too. 3 Spaniards, Bonaveccia, Risdon. Now all we have to do is recruit a new Gaffer. Geez, wasn't that a shock? I wish Popa well. He deserves our respect regardless of the timing of his decision.

I think this will be a closer season than last. The bottom teams have strengthened their squads. Newcastle have Ernie Merrick on board. Okon has strengthened the Mariners squad. So have Perth.
Not sure about Adelaide, and my guess is that the Phoenix will take the spoon. Roar could be a disappointment with an aging squad. City? Who cares about the plastics.

The "sort of" comment above, is that the one thing I'm NOT looking forward to this season is another season stuck at f**king Olympic Park. Both Spotless and ANZ are deplorable venues for football.
Bring on the new WSS!!!
We have to play at f**king Leichhart next season.

Avenger

Immortal
What I love about the A League is that in a short space of time they have more intense derbies than the NRL. Besides Us v Dogs and maybe Roosters :rooster: v Dragons :dragon: the NRL have nothing on Sydney FC v Wanderers, Sydney FC v Victory and the Melbourne derby.

I already have tickets to our first derby. My wife of all people reminded me. It’s just one of the best events and leadup to anything I have seen. The only thing that came close is Eels v Dogs preliminary final in 2009.

The sleeping giant has awoken in Australia. :thumbsup:

Suitman

Post Whore
We have to play at f**king Leichhart next season.

Not yet you don't.
That was a fairly vague article to fill print space. No official quotes or announcements from anyone. And it was written by Bossi, a known ESFC lover.
Has the govt announced yet that Allianz will get preference and start before ANZ? Nope. It was a shit article as I said.
And yes, ESFC will probably play at Leichhardt and Kogarah during the time that Allianz is eventually renovated.......whenever that may be.
In saying that, I'd rather have Leichhardt as a home ground then Spotless or ANZ. Much better atmosphere and game day experience, although it's crap to get to. Still.......I'd always make the effort.
The problem ESFC have with playing at Leichhardt is catering to and keeping their corporate sector happy. Leichhardt is shit for the corporates.