What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Bundeena

gunnamatta bay

Referee
The Pope won't give a stuff. :lol: It's the Uniting Church who want to develop the land. Looks like Bundeena isn't so United.

newman

First Grade
who gives a sh*t about mangroves anyway?

The land and environment court.

Mangroves regulate the salinity in the water and are also able to absorb SOME of the pollution in the bay, at the same time they are a vital feeding area for sealife. The Towra point wetlands are also home to some protected migratory bird species. Thats why they get all up in arms about our development and its CLOSE LOCATION to these wetlands (I never said they were one and the same).

No I dont see it that way either.
Bundeena is a heritage area within a national park.

Sharks is on the border of a a commercial/industrial/manufacturing area & bordered with the most condensed residential area you will ever see.

Completely different.

Thanks for pointing that out, Captain Obvious. I never said they were the same. I was simply having a jibe at Gunna Matta for what appeared to be an incredibly reactionary statement. I mean, cmon, bible bashers wrecking the country? Anyway, he was having a laugh.

TRIALS

Juniors
ShireShark said:
they dont do anything for me
you cant walk on them - not that you'd want to
theyre ugly
they stink
they block the views of the water

f**k them off

not me, i'm with you SS ....f**k the protected migratory bird species.

Chondricthyes

Juniors
ShireShark said:
theyre ugly
they stink

f**k them off

Oh Dear.

Stupid man. it may just be an attempt at humor but...

Oh Dear.

(Congrats SS you are only the second person to say something so mind bogglingly stupid all I have is OH DEAR!)

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Bruce Baird has orgainised a 40 hour moritorum on sand mining at kurnell. What sand? When you fly over now all you see is a huge lagoon. It will soon be Kurnell Island. Farkurnell.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Chondricthyes said:
ShireShark said:
theyre ugly
they stink

f**k them off

Oh Dear.

Stupid man. it may just be an attempt at humor but...

Oh Dear.

(Congrats SS you are only the second person to say something so mind bogglingly stupid all I have is OH DEAR!)

#-o

Chondricthyes

Juniors
Booyah said:
Care to give us a little clarity on the issue Chondricthyes?

Mangroves are the basis for alot/most of the faunal ecological systems in the Bay and Georges river.

Mangrove clearing has been an ecological disaster for a large part of this country so much so that even Government is now tightly regulating any mangrove encroachment.

Who gives a sh!t about mangroves- every animal in the bay/ river and all those who eat them(had any fish and chips lately)

FYI . The world has 33 species of mangrove- Aust has 29 of them.

lolesi

First Grade
Over 200+ species of bird come to the mangroves at Cronulla during a 1 year period, ill give you the tip.

:lol: