What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Chad Townsend, craft beer baron?

snout

First Grade
Tastes exactly like stone and wood. $9 a schooner too at the locals around and in cronulla.
Pub we go to Saturday arvo in fortitude valley for a bet has jugs of S & W for $10.
And the lucky losers draw of which l have way too many tickets in is also a jug of same.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Had a quasi-schooner of Chad’s ale up at The Prince this afternoon, and it wasn’t too bad. Standard XPA and to honest there is worse out there.
Oddly enough, the driver was drinking Balter’s Captain Sensible - probally a more suitable name for Chaddies ale and overall life goal

Plastered

Juniors
Missing the old cans? I am.

I am mates with the owner/brewer of Bentspoke, used to live with him for a couple of years (dangerous). He had to get rid of the open lid cans due to ACT law, danger to wildlife or some shit. Pity cause they were f'n great. The whiff of hops when you opened a crankshaft was something to behold.

sharkman73

Juniors
I am mates with the owner/brewer of Bentspoke, used to live with him for a couple of years (dangerous). He had to get rid of the open lid cans due to ACT law, danger to wildlife or some shit. Pity cause they were f'n great. The whiff of hops when you opened a crankshaft was something to behold.

Loved the Flanders Red they did last Autumn, cracking beer.

Ads

First Grade
They publicly said it was a shortage of the lids from the suppliers but always thought there was more to it.

AJB1102

First Grade
He had to get rid of the open lid cans due to ACT law, danger to wildlife or some shit. Pity cause they were f'n great.

Its fair enough. merkins discard a open lid can it'll attract an animal to stick it's head in for a lick. Animal's can't reverse out of the can. Can't see, can't drink, can't eat. I agree they were great for beer though!