What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Suitman

Post Whore
A political party making a decision based on being a vote grabber? Well I never...

Yeh, Strange, eh?

That desperate Labor leader in QLD has made an offer that he knows he can't keep because he is on his arse in the polls. What a typical political thing to do. Buying votes. $1000 rebates on electricity bills for all Qld'ers. Absolute desperation and will never happen.
Albo did the same. My electricity bill hasn't reduced by $275. What a load of f**king tripe that was.

What is most amusing is the passion some posters here display for certain sides of politics.
Political parties are all as bad as each other. It will never change.
What is even worse is that politicians don't do anything about the serious issues like domestic violence, Alice Springs, homeless people and social housing and a whole heap of other stuff until shite ever happens in the media.

I went for a 2 hour walk around Parramatta today. I was having a windscreen replaced in my ute at O'Briens in North Parra (FU the M2) so had to fill in time.
It was so sad to see 4 homeless people laying around during my walk, sleeping and/or begging for some cash. I contributed to all of them, even though I doubt that my contributions will be used wisely.
Surely, our govt's can put a roof over the heads of these people and provide them a bed to sleep in, and help feed them?
This is seriously where our politicians let us down.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Yeh, Strange, eh?

That desperate Labor leader in QLD has made an offer that he knows he can't keep because he is on his arse in the polls. What a typical political thing to do. Buying votes. $1000 rebates on electricity bills for all Qld'ers. Absolute desperation and will never happen.
Albo did the same. My electricity bill hasn't reduced by $275. What a load of f**king tripe that was.

What is most amusing is the passion some posters here display for certain sides of politics.
Political parties are all as bad as each other. It will never change.
Lol. Don't misplace "passion" for a simple distrust of the core rea$on of being for one of the political parties.

Gronk

Staff member
Great for genuine victims but it's going to incentivise DV claims by women who are just sick of being stuck with a loser.
I suspect you will need a police report. It’s fine to be cynical, but the principle aim here is to get quick assistance to a person so they can escape.

I am assuming that you agree that this is one positive step to assist genuine victims of DV, so perhaps you could suggest suitable eligibility criteria that needs to be met in emergency circumstances?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I suspect you will need a police report. It’s fine to be cynical, but the principle aim here is to get quick assistance to a person so they can escape.

I am assuming that you agree that this is one positive step to assist genuine victims of DV, so perhaps you could suggest suitable eligibility criteria that needs to be met in emergency circumstances?
No doubt ‘feeling unsafe’ will be sufficient in this brave new world.

hindy111

Post Whore
Great for genuine victims but it's going to incentivise DV claims by women who are just sick of being stuck with a loser.

And some women are drawn to dangerous men. Many will chose a powerful aggressive dominant male over " I want a nice guy "
Fact is some women constantly chase these types.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore

World is dangerous place and people need to be carefull.
I don't agree with any sort of violence but I also avoid certain situations. Certain streets after dark. Certain pubs and especially after certain times. It isn't fair that I maybe targeted but the percentages of it happening increases in certain situations so I f**king avoid them.

WANKER

Gronk

Staff member
World is dangerous place and people need to be carefull.
I don't agree with any sort of violence but I also avoid certain situations. Certain streets after dark. Certain pubs and especially after certain times. It isn't fair that I maybe targeted but the percentages of it happening increases in certain situations so I f**king avoid them.

WANKER
Wanker ? You said it was the girls fault picking a merkin of a boyfriend - which is victim blaming. Because it's HIS fault he hits her you f**kwit.

Now you post some wishy washy "it's a jungle out there" statement about you which is got nothing to do with your bonehead post in the first place.

Gronk

Staff member
I believe we call it consequence culture these days.
No its not.

hindy111

Post Whore
Wanker ? You said it was the girls fault picking a merkin of a boyfriend - which is victim blaming. Because it's HIS fault he hits her you f**kwit.

Now you post some wishy washy "it's a jungle out there" statement about you which is got nothing to do with your bonehead post in the first place.
Is that what I said? Apolgies for the mis- understanding. I thought I said I don't agree with any violence but some women are drawn to danger and aggressive men.
I don't want to see anyone abused but unfortunately the world is a jungle and things happen so.if can try and avoid these situations best one can is probably the safest thing one can do.
If you ever met me you would understand I am a gentle human.

Last edited: