What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

coolumsharkie

Referee
Paul Woseen, bass player for the Screaming Jets apparently.
Sad but not surprising.

I've been privileged to as recently as last week, a "look" inside their recent tour. I can tell you those guys live the R&R lifestyle in every sense of it. On tour at least, I'm not sure what they get up to when they're doing normal shit. Pretty eye opening though.

DJDL

Bench
Sad but not surprising.

I've been privileged to as recently as last week, a "look" inside their recent tour. I can tell you those guys live the R&R lifestyle in every sense of it. On tour at least, I'm not sure what they get up to when they're doing normal shit. Pretty eye opening though.

Do tell, eh?

A little surprised to hear that, though not entirely.
They’ve had that look of playing hard for too many years for a while now.

I must say I lost interest in them ~20 years ago, but always felt Paul’s songwriting was the stronger stuff they did.

Sad indeed.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Do tell, eh?

A little surprised to hear that, though not entirely.
They’ve had that look of playing hard for too many years for a while now.

I must say I lost interest in them ~20 years ago, but always felt Paul’s songwriting was the stronger stuff they did.

Sad indeed.
Not much to tell you really, common theme on tour (at least this last one) is to not get much sleep and drink copious amounts of alcohol. They are true professionals though, the demand for a band like that to do press promos, meet and greets outside of shows is pretty intense. So the need to stay in character and put on a fresh face to the public is an artform in itself. Machines was the word used to describe them. This coming from a dude in his late 20's early 30's (not entirely sure of his age) Was a very interesting conversation.

Edit: These guys are about my age mid to late 50's so you can imagine what I was thinking.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Jack Sonni — who was best known for his work as a guitarist with Dire Straits — died on Aug. 30, Entertainment Weekly confirmed. Jack, who was an active member of the band Dire Straits Legacy, which is a band made up of musicians who've recorded and toured with Dire Straits, was 68.

"Our beloved Jack has left a void in our heart and soul… we will miss you so much, you are forever with us," the group shared on Facebook as they announced his passing.

Frenzy.

Immortal
The Unabomber is dead at 81. On June 10, the Federal Bureau of Prisons announced that Ted Kaczynski — who was serving a life sentence for killing three people and injuring 23 with a series of homemade bombs he made between 1978 and 1995 — was found dead in his cell at Federal Medical Center Butner, a prison in North Carolina.

Incorrect

Coach
Not much to tell you really, common theme on tour (at least this last one) is to not get much sleep and drink copious amounts of alcohol. They are true professionals though, the demand for a band like that to do press promos, meet and greets outside of shows is pretty intense. So the need to stay in character and put on a fresh face to the public is an artform in itself. Machines was the word used to describe them. This coming from a dude in his late 20's early 30's (not entirely sure of his age) Was a very interesting conversation.

Edit: These guys are about my age mid to late 50's so you can imagine what I was thinking.
I was a massive Jets fan in my high school days, early to mid 90's. I saw them a heap of times and to this day the first time I ever saw them in 1994 at the Phoenician Club on Broadway in Sydney was one of my favourite ever gigs.

While my passion for them waned over the ensuing years, I would always give any of their new stuff a spin but they never recaptured the halcyon days of the early 90's.... during Covid lockdown, I saw some clips they released where they were doing some virtual gigs or whatever you want to call them and I remember seeing Paul and thinking, "Geez, he ain't looking too healthy".... had lost a heap of weight from what I could tell....

Agree with @DJDL - Paul's songwriting was strong. Probably shaded Walmsley IMO.... when Walmsley left the band, it halved their songwriting quality. With Paul now gone, Dave Gleeson is probably best off doing the tour to support the upcoming album release but then retiring the band for good once touring commitments are complete.

Mind you, if they could ever reunite the original lineup and get say Jimi Hocking to just come along for the ride to play bass, one more tour for nostalgias sake might be cool... the chances of that happening though must be a bazillion to one....

RIP Paul Woseen

SadShark

Bench
I was a massive Jets fan in my high school days, early to mid 90's. I saw them a heap of times and to this day the first time I ever saw them in 1994 at the Phoenician Club on Broadway in Sydney was one of my favourite ever gigs.

While my passion for them waned over the ensuing years, I would always give any of their new stuff a spin but they never recaptured the halcyon days of the early 90's.... during Covid lockdown, I saw some clips they released where they were doing some virtual gigs or whatever you want to call them and I remember seeing Paul and thinking, "Geez, he ain't looking too healthy".... had lost a heap of weight from what I could tell....

Agree with @DJDL - Paul's songwriting was strong. Probably shaded Walmsley IMO.... when Walmsley left the band, it halved their songwriting quality. With Paul now gone, Dave Gleeson is probably best off doing the tour to support the upcoming album release but then retiring the band for good once touring commitments are complete.

Mind you, if they could ever reunite the original lineup and get say Jimi Hocking to just come along for the ride to play bass, one more tour for nostalgias sake might be cool... the chances of that happening though must be a bazillion to one....

RIP Paul Woseen
Helping Hand (written by Woseen) is all-time. One of the great Australian rock songs (great clip too).

Latest posts