What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

Quigs

Immortal
So true old Taips. The game today is as boring as bat shit compared to back in the day when nearly every side had a couple of 'çharacters'

A question to ask. Are there any characters in todays new age NRL world?

Quigs

Immortal
Prince died a few years back didn't he. I knew he had some real obscured name but shit .... Phil.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Prince died a few years back didn't he. I knew he had some real obscured name but shit .... Phil.

Phil looked like he died ages ago too. Weekend at Phil's?

I know he was the Queens hubby but seriously what else is he known for? Far call!

Quigs

Immortal
Phil was very lucky that back in his prime that there were no camera fitted mobile phones around.

The young fella's had nothing on Phil.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Meh. Phil was just a pussy whipped, thumb imprinted servant of Betty Windsor. He made sure the turkey baster was full

Foz

Bench
Poco were a west coast band similar to the Eagles.A couple of Eagles members Timothy B Schmidt and Randy Meisner were both ex Poco.I think Randy Meisner was an original Eagles member too.
Anyway they had hits like Crazy Love which Rusty Young sang lead and Heart of the Night,Rose of Cimmaron was probably the best known song they did on the Australian charts.Played their Legend album to death when I was much younger.Have one of their DVDs where Rusty is introducing the band and he mentions he promises not to mention Don Henley.Think there was a bit of tension/competition between the 2 bands.
You could say Poco had a very Eagle sound about them or the Eagles had a very Poco sound.