What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Good Netflix Watch- Sunderland Till I Die

Worth a binge.

Fascinating warts and all documentary about a sporting club going off a cliff, which we all know too well.
Honest input from CEO, Coach, Manager, Players, Staff, Supporters et al.

I don't give two shits about English Soccer but this is really well done and relevant to any sports fan.

lolesi

First Grade
Agreed.

I really enjoy my English premier league so for me the documentary was tops.

It’s such a massive club and was crazy to watch rubbish purchase (on massive coin) after rubbish purchase.

Tried to buy safety and avoid relegation and in turn, crippled themselves.

carcharias

Immortal
I watched some movie the other night about an NFL team .
Their plane crashed and killed them all.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Love my EPL so I’m watching episode 1 now.

Sunderland has always been a club I just couldn’t hate and I love the passion that their fans have. Need more of that here.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Just smashed through it. I find soccer really boring, but that was a really interesting little series.

Would love to see something like this done on an NRL club.

Special K

Coach
Half way through watching it... I'm extremely glad the NRL does not have promotion/relegation. We would of been gone a long time ago. Especially that 2009-2012 period. Ooft.

webShark

Worth a binge.

Fascinating warts and all documentary about a sporting club going off a cliff, which we all know too well.
Honest input from CEO, Coach, Manager, Players, Staff, Supporters et al.

I don't give two shits about English Soccer but this is really well done and relevant to any sports fan.
Will take a look.

Money is everything. I am a Man City fan. Also rans for years. Like Sunderland. Now the richest soccer club in the world courtesy of Arab ownerS. Arguably strongest club team on the planet. But my family always say beating Gillingham years ago in 3rd tier playoff their favourite day.

That's why 2016 was so epic for Sharks fans but being honest would have preferred a win for Johnny Langs boys with ET,Matty and the Peach. We were great to watch, everyone's second tea and full of Cronulla Juniors.

Ah well then came Chris Anderson.

Sunderland are less a story than Newcastle United. Sunderland never been anything. Newcastle fallen Giants.

I loved the doco being Sunderland supporter you could feel the pain, the chairman who never spoke to manager Coleman.

The team with no purchases, to see what can happen to a large club under wrong management

cb4

First Grade
If my memory serves me correctly, the Scottish twat who runs everything and tries to make himself look like a good guy was in charge of Rangers when they went bust.
How he ever got a job after that I have no idea.