What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT, Medical Advice Please

Dragon David

First Grade
Hi all sorry to bother you but I’m starting Chemo & Radiation tomorrow for my throat & was looking for any advice as far as what to do or not do from anyone who has been through this before & what to expect.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry to see that you are having this sort of treatment for your throat blacksafake. Unfortunately while i would like to be of help to you, I do not know what to do or not do and what to expect but all I can say is have trust in the medical people looking after you as they are the ones that have all the knowledge and recommendations for what you can expect and do.

All the best tomorrow for the treatment and be positive for a good outcome.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Hi all sorry to bother you but I’m starting Chemo & Radiation tomorrow for my throat & was looking for any advice as far as what to do or not do from anyone who has been through this before & what to expect.
Thanks in advance.
Can’t offer advice, but can only offer good wishes.

Hope you knock this demon on the head & can’t wait to hear you tell us when you’re all clear.

Thoughts are with ya mate.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Thanks in advance.
I've had radiation when I had bowel cancer. Mucks your body up a bit, but I'm still alive and almost 8 years cancer free. Hope everything goes well with your treatment.

be55

Juniors
Hello mate

My father went through two years of chemotherapy. It was over 10 years ago now, but I remember him needing to keep his fluids up after a dose, and he was told to be careful of dry mouth from the treatment. He used to use mouthwash regularly, and from memory, he used lip balm to keep his lips moist because sometimes they could dry out a little. I'm guessing the doctors will tell you all this.

Good luck, mate...

blacksafake

First Grade
Hello mate

My father went through two years of chemotherapy. It was over 10 years ago now, but I remember him needing to keep his fluids up after a dose, and he was told to be careful of dry mouth from the treatment. He used to use mouthwash regularly, and from memory, he used lip balm to keep his lips moist because sometimes they could dry out a little. I'm guessing the doctors will tell you all this.

Good luck, mate...
Thanks for the advice mate.