What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Racing

Macca

Coach
Anything can happen in a Melbourne cup. 2 in a row isn't impossible though. I'll have a couple on it that's for sure. Loved Elvis yesterday though, collected a tidy return.

Does anyone know anything about Zazzman?

I liked the look of it in the longer races last year and right now its on offer at 81/1, 21 for the place

On Saturday 8th of November 2003 Zazzman won the Queen Elizabeth Stakes (2400 m). What is 'special' about this is that in 2002 Makybe Diva won this same race. And of course Makybe Diva won the 2003 Melbourne Cup.

Also another article from last year

Thinking about what might have been is invariably a pointless exercise, but trainer Tony Vasil can justifiably indulge himself when it comes to his iron horse Zazzman.

"I feel sick every time I think about She's Archie in the Melbourne Cup," Vasil said after Zazzman's win in the group 2 Queen Elizabeth Stakes (2500m) at Flemington yesterday.

She's Archie finished second to Makybe Diva in the Melbourne Cup and Zazzman, who was not entered for the race, had beaten her in the Geelong Cup on October 22.

Not that Vasil is complaining too much. Zazzman's win wound up Vasil's best Melbourne Cup carnival, highlighted by the win of Elvstroem in the Victoria Derby eight days ago.

Zazzman also won the 2800 metres "cup consolation" last Tuesday, taking his winning sequence to four, and he will line up again on Saturday in the $500,000 Sandown Classic (2400m).

"He's flying," Vasil said of Zazzman, whose earlier career had been interrupted by various problems. Vasil has every right to think the six-year-old would have given a good account of himself in the Melbourne Cup, but yesterday's $200,000 race was a reasonable consolation and few stayers get to win four on the trot, including two at group level.

advertisement

advertisement

Zazzman, a remarkable drifter in the betting from $2.70 to $5, won by three-quarters of a length from Lord Erin, who firmed from $7 to $6.50, with Delvecchio ($9) half-a-length away third.

Zazzman likes to race forward and he had to work hard to get into second place leaving the straight the first time, but could not get past Acquiver, so Kerrin McEvoy settled in second place.

With 56.5 kilograms, Zazzman could have been excused for feeling the pinch after his early tussle for the lead but he was as strong as any of his rivals in the straight.
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/11/08/1068243304051.html

Dunno if it will qualify but might be worth a tenner on if it has a chance.

Nuffs

Bench
it's in the geelong cup tomorrow, SS

needs to win, and win well, to get elevated into the field

as for my tips :arrow:

Nuffs

Bench
well boys, where do i start???

had $10 e/w on savabeel
$10 e/w on super dragon
$20 on fixed odds at $5.50 on Plastered

and cleaned up. went to collect my money and to put $50 on Lord Revoque and thought i'd put $25 e/w on a horse at yarra glen. 1 min 30 seconds later, it wins and pays $21 for the win. $675.00 collect!!!

load up on lord mick at moonee valley and get the sh*ts when it just gets beaten

still lord revoque gets up and i get another $200 collect

all day profit: $1254.00

pays for my alcohol down in melbourne for cup week

Yes, cup tips from all please

I'm still backing Makybe Diva all the way but I'm thoroughly unimpressed with the disgusting $3.50 the TAB is quoting at the moment

Nuffs

Bench
i started narrowing it down yesterday.

i'm down to 6 out of 38

i probably wont pick mine until next monday

i got a big tip from a player manager that he's backing mummify to win. he said it's a moral. he also backed that statement up with a $5,000 bet

i'm starting to lean towards it but as i said i wont know until monday

Macca

Coach
Geez, it would take a very bold man to write of Makybe Diva, Nuffs. I take it this guy makes big bets all the time because betting $5000 on a Melbourne Cup as a one off is silly.

I love the cup but it's just a really hard race to pick a winner in. There are better ways to lose $5k IMO. Anyway . . . .

I said I'd back Makybe Diva a month ago and that hasn't changed. Too bad I won't get the same odds I had for it last year.

Nuffs

Bench
i basically change every day. at lunch today i half decided to cross out mummify!

makybe diva will be really hard to hold out. i just wish i was over 80% confident it will win. and then i'd bet accordingly

i'm really looking forward to being there on Derby Day, Cup Day and Ladies Day (they should call it Fella's day considering the amount of good-looking skirt around!)

a very early tip for derby day is Dilly Dally. could be paying well too on Fixed Odds on Thursday

Latest posts