What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Attack

thebigredv

First Grade
In 2016 Dragons averaged about 2 tries per match. We let in twice as many. Since then, with international-level halves and some of the fastest flyers at his disposal the coach has failed to categorically improve this while our defence has stayed weak as water every single season.

And some people want to defend their mate Paul.

Dragon David

First Grade
In 2016 Dragons averaged about 2 tries per match. We let in twice as many. Since then, with international-level halves and some of the fastest flyers at his disposal the coach has failed to categorically improve this while our defence has stayed weak as water every single season.

And some people want to defend their mate Paul.
I cannot remember when the Dragons were consistently good in attack and defence. I know that age has muddled my memory banks a bit. I do know that during Bennett's years of coaching us that in 2009 and 2010, we won the minor premiership so in those years I think our attack and defence were consistently good. On the other hand the years of Price and McGregor, I wish my memory banks would purge that period as I know that they have been the worse for consistency and not worth remembering.

Will our attack be strong against the Bulldogs, who can defend doggedly, to outscore them and defend the points we score? I hope Clune's nose is ok so that he gets to play and provide us with better attacking movements leading to tries. The gamble to bring in Clune needed to be done and hopefully he stays in the team win, lose or draw.

possm

Coach
I cannot remember when the Dragons were consistently good in attack and defence. I know that age has muddled my memory banks a bit. I do know that during Bennett's years of coaching us that in 2009 and 2010, we won the minor premiership so in those years I think our attack and defence were consistently good. On the other hand the years of Price and McGregor, I wish my memory banks would purge that period as I know that they have been the worse for consistency and not worth remembering.

Will our attack be strong against the Bulldogs, who can defend doggedly, to outscore them and defend the points we score? I hope Clune's nose is ok so that he gets to play and provide us with better attacking movements leading to tries. The gamble to bring in Clune needed to be done and hopefully he stays in the team win, lose or draw.
It was only a short time ago when, in the first half of seasons 2016, 2017 and 2018 we led the competition with best attacking and defensive stats. Of course to achieve this we flogged our forwards and together with SOO duties, they became fatigued and the Dragons fell away badly in later games each year. I'd say Mary had the players but managed those players badly.

Dragon David

First Grade
It was only a short time ago when, in the first half of seasons 2016, 2017 and 2018 we led the competition with best attacking and defensive stats. Of course to achieve this we flogged our forwards and together with SOO duties, they became fatigued and the Dragons fell away badly in later games each year. I'd say Mary had the players but managed those players badly.
Thanks Possm.