What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our home crowds.

Plastered

Juniors
how many years has it been that the sharks havent signed a front sponsor on time, that must mess with the amount of product they can sell and the amount of money they can make or lack of money when they when miss christmas after christmas trading

Probably old news for you locals, but as an interstater, I was surprised when I went to SW corner merch van that there were zero jerseys for sale. Not even old stock. I was told the only jerseys available were last years, only in 5xl and only via the website, She also said new jerseys won't be available till mid season. Unbelievable really.

taipan

Referee
I have never watched that show.

It’s such a f**ked concept if you ask me.

Neither have I TBH.but my better half and daughter do.
Reality TV or should I say fake reality TV, gets the women in.Bugg***ed if I know why.Escapism???

Card Shark

Immortal
Why do woman like a show about fake marriage & not caring.

Don’t get it.

Had this convo with wife & sister on the weekend.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Tipping if we play some decent footy and get past Parra on Saturday....we'll have no problem reaching our 16.5k average both against the Rorters (Sat night) then the Pennies on Easter Thursday.

Generalzod

Immortal
Did you see how poor the crowd was at last nights game I made a point in the NRL forum just imagine what the conversation would be like if Cronulla where getting the crowds like that..kick the farkers out relocate them the usual bs..

cb4

First Grade
Th crowd was what, 11k? Not bad considering it was an out of town team on a Thursday.
But is looks ridiculous having 11k in a 40k + Stadium.
I get the appeal of the corporate dollar, but 11k at Shark Park looks incredible compared to 11k at ANZ?Allianz/SCG

PJ

First Grade
And then you flick over to the AFL with an out of state team on a Thursday and it is a full house.

Not a good look imo.

Quicksilver

Bench
Th crowd was what, 11k? Not bad considering it was an out of town team on a Thursday.
But is looks ridiculous having 11k in a 40k + Stadium.
I get the appeal of the corporate dollar, but 11k at Shark Park looks incredible compared to 11k at ANZ?Allianz/SCG

I'm highly sceptical about that figure.

Nowhere near 1 out of every 4 seats were being sat in.

Quicksilver

Bench
Its creative accounting, they count all the season ticket holders as attendees, rather than just who was physically there.

The same goes for a lot of the games at ANZ. 10,000 reported. No way 1/8 seats are taken. Sometimes you can see like 10 people on TV. All sitting apart. I don't believe that thousands of people are just milling around in the undercover areas. There is a lot of bullshit in these figures for the bigger venues. We all know it.

Quigs

Immortal
Be interested to know how munch it cost to go to the aussie rules as compared to entry into a league ground / stadium.

Throw in all the additional stuff ..... pie, piss, programs etc.

PJ

First Grade
Had a look at Ticketek and Swans tickets for same venue on a Thursday are from about $25 and up.

Roosters next Saturday game seem to be the same sort of price.

sharkman73

Juniors
Tipping if we play some decent footy and get past Parra on Saturday....we'll have no problem reaching our 16.5k average both against the Rorters (Sat night) then the Pennies on Easter Thursday.

Can't see a crowd of 16.5k on the Thursday before Easter regardless of who we play tbh.