What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Teams Character ( Especially Ben Hunt )

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
The guts and courage to put that same kick in last night as he did in state of origin was massive. Poor kid has not had a good week and for him to put that behind him and produce a clutch play is a massive credit to his character. I understand he gets paid a lot of money to produce the goods, but I wouldnt blame him if his confidence was shot after Sunday night. Massive respect for the bloke after the unjust criticism he has copped IMO.

As a matter of fact, the determination and character of the whole group is to be applauded. Not playing our best, to still come back and win that game is what makes good football teams.

Games this year against Parramatta, Canberra and Bulldogs where we are not playing our best we wouldve lost last year. Actually we did lose those last year!! We lost close games against Canberra, Knights, Souths, Dogs, Roosters and Titans.

getsmarty

Immortal
The guts and courage to put that same kick in last night as he did in state of origin was massive. Poor kid has not had a good week and for him to put that behind him and produce a clutch play is a massive credit to his character. I understand he gets paid a lot of money to produce the goods, but I wouldnt blame him if his confidence was shot after Sunday night. Massive respect for the bloke after the unjust criticism he has copped IMO.

As a matter of fact, the determination and character of the whole group is to be applauded. Not playing our best, to still come back and win that game is what makes good football teams.

Games this year against Parramatta, Canberra and Bulldogs where we are not playing our best we wouldve lost last year. Actually we did lose those last year!! We lost close games against Canberra, Knights, Souths, Dogs, Roosters and Titans.

Well Said...lets support our players .

Gareth67

First Grade
One of our colleagues - I have searched far and wide to find whom the poster was - made a valid point when he mentioned Parramatta's Ben Smith 40-20 kick in the dying stages of the game , that went haywire and basically was the catalyst for the wonderful Dragons come back .

The point I am making is that I wonder if he - Ben Smith will receive the same amount of flak from the media , that our little Benny has over the last few weeks ? All the posts on here have been positive on Hunts ability and I join the rest of you gentleman in saying that he shall bounce back bigger and better . :innocent:

Last edited:

Drag Queen

Bench
One of our colleagues - I have searched far and wide to find whom the poster was - mentioned the Ben Smith kick in the dying stages of the game that went haywire and basically was the catalyst for the wonderful Dragon come back .

The point I am making is that I wonder if he - Ben Smith will receive the same amount of flak from the media , that our little Benny has over the last few weeks ? All the posts on here have been positive on Hunts ability and I join the rest of you gentleman in saying that he shall bounce back bigger and better . :innocent:
Are you talking about my Ben Smith Gareth? The wonderful Highlander who plays alongside Friz's little (not so little) brother?

FlameThrower

Bench
Did anyone watch Matty Johns show on Fox after the game? There was a skit about Ben Hunt - which showed clips of burning effigies and stoning a guy - reflecting the mood in Qld following the Origin loss? While it may be giggle and jokes - you wonder if stuff like that can go too far and affect the players? I’m glad he got thru the game last night Ok as i really think the pressure may have derailed him.

SBD82

Coach
Great point about Hunt.

After all the criticism that he copped over the past few days, I thought it was very impressive that he made the same play- that he failed in origin - and executed it perfectly.

It must have been so hard to have the confidence to try it again, but it was a clutch play and he nailed it. Hopefully it goes a long way to restoring any confidence that he may have lost from origin.

giboz71

First Grade
Great point about Hunt.

After all the criticism that he copped over the past few days, I thought it was very impressive that he made the same play- that he failed in origin - and executed it perfectly.

It must have been so hard to have the confidence to try it again, but it was a clutch play and he nailed it. Hopefully it goes a long way to restoring any confidence that he may have lost from origin.

People forget it was his pass that put Sims through the gap so we were in position to score that last try.

So in addition to the grubber that led to Aitken’s try, he had a big hand in Duffy’s match winner as well.

The last 10 mins he delivered big time. Not bad for a guy who’s supposedly mentally fragile.

Gareth67

First Grade
Are you talking about my Ben Smith Gareth? The wonderful Highlander who plays alongside Friz's little (not so little) brother?

No Drag Queen , I was referring to that bloke who thought he was Ken Thornett , one of the Eels greats of the 1960's . ( geeze - was it really that long ago ! )

blacksafake

First Grade
One of our colleagues - I have searched far and wide to find whom the poster was - made a valid point when he mentioned Parramatta's Ben Smith 40-20 kick in the dying stages of the game , that went haywire and basically was the catalyst for the wonderful Dragons come back .

Gareth,
I think it was BennyV who mentioned the Will Smith kick.

Bench
I would never bag any of our players, well maybe one from days gone past.
Just look where we are on the table and ask ourselves how come this year. Simple, Hunt and Graham.
That's the only difference and there is no disrespect to any of the other players in the team.
The forwards are better this year and the backs are amongst the best in the league.
A player, any player can have a bad game, but it is a team game.

latemail

Juniors
Benny hunt is down on confidence atm
But he’s in the top 3 halves in the game without a doubt
Wait till this shit origin period is over and Hunt will start to shine in the run home

Latest posts