What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outrage over decisions

T-Boon

Coach
Seems to me the referees are more consistent and better than most the teams. I'm not real impressed with the refereeing, but they aren't the ones making the most mistakes or contributing most to poor spectacles.

The coaches are the problem.

This Year?

Immortal
I was outraged by JAC's last try so I decided to walk down to the concourse and let Cecchin know how I felt about the decision. To my dismay it wasn't reversed so I kindly asked Cameron Smith to reverse the decision while he was lining up the conversion attempt.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Here's the thing - in 2018, whinging sells papers, gets people to call talkback, marshalls people into comment sections online, gets angry eyeballs on TV screens etc. It's the call to arms of our generation - the sook. The offended. The cynical. The maligned. The marginalised.

So let's not all be surprised that it's all we ever see, hear or read. Whinging=revenue.

As someone said, 'this is a great round of footy' and 'well done player X Y and Z' and 'isn't the game in great shape' earns nothing for no one. Even Toddy pissing in his mouth has the potential to line the NRLs pockets - it's all exposure. The only thing Super Rugby's managed in the last so many years is Israel and his fascination with his imaginary sky friend which conjured up the only point of interest that competition has had for decades.

wibble

Bench
Missed everything from last weekend through work. Is that a quote from referees?

No, sorry, that was my poor wording.

I guess by definition a defender doesn't have the ball....

But no team had the ball, so I really just meant that it was a player from the team trying to defend the kick who hadn't yet got to the kick.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I tend to get more outraged when teams other than Manly get poor decisions against them when they play the Broncos or Storm.

Except when Manly are playing either of these teams. Then I get ultra outraged.

applesauce

Bench
When my team doesn't miss a tackle, drop a ball, kick it out on the full or concede a point I will blame the refs for my team losing.

Exsilium

First Grade
I agree that it is intellectual laziness.

My daughter makes extreme snap judgements. A day when she is denied an ice cream is the worst ever.

You’re a monster.

Denying an ice cream only warrants one reaction, outrage.

The commentators are the worst, they can never move on from a bad call. You often see a call go against a team then, 5 minutes later the other team scores and Gus blames it on the bad call. Not to mention every bad call being chalked up to a fix. Ben Ikin said on 360 a few months back that this used to be called rub of the green, but apparent;y we can't accept that anymore.

T-Boon

Coach
The commentators are the worst, they can never move on from a bad call. You often see a call go against a team then, 5 minutes later the other team scores and Gus blames it on the bad call. Not to mention every bad call being chalked up to a fix. Ben Ikin said on 360 a few months back that this used to be called rub of the green, but apparent;y we can't accept that anymore.

I would rather watch ads then listen to the commentators talk about whether a try is a try or not when the video ref is making a decision. You can hear them dial it up, set the situation up for their own outrage when the decision comes.
At least if it cuts to ads the game is getting paid for it and you could be grabbing a beer from the fridge or getting the wife to.