What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outside Backs for 2016

willzy91

Juniors
I know this may be a long shot and with his previous indiscretions would be worth a gamble taking on someone like Jacob Loko? he's off contract and could be very handy on the wing as either a depth player or something looking to push for a first grade spot. Obviously his off field issues and injury problems are a bit of an issue but might be worth a gamble in my opinion...

krispyredv

Juniors
I know this may be a long shot and with his previous indiscretions would be worth a gamble taking on someone like Jacob Loko? he's off contract and could be very handy on the wing as either a depth player or something looking to push for a first grade spot. Obviously his off field issues and injury problems are a bit of an issue but might be worth a gamble in my opinion...

He's a big unit and got a body like Sonny Bill, but who would he replace? The only position I can think of is left wing but at the same time Mann is coming in

rasaint

Juniors
Sorry to be a bit negative. Kurt Mann looks a slow poke to me. Been watching him and he is our new gun centre? Looks run of the mill to me and continues the run of slow backs we have been recruiting. Watch someone like ferguson, oneill. Let's pay extra and get some speed and power.

_Johnsy

Referee
Sorry to be a bit negative. Kurt Mann looks a slow poke to me. Been watching him and he is our new gun centre? Looks run of the mill to me and continues the run of slow backs we have been recruiting. Watch someone like ferguson, oneill. Let's pay extra and get some speed and power.

Agree

IN THE KNOW

Juniors
You Must be nuts even thinking of Loko , 2 knee reconstructions can only run 1 day a week no lateral movement . NO VALUE AT ALL.

st.phil

Bench
Mann ain't the star attacking centre - it's his third best position however I still think he will get a start there and can improve our team, will surprise many on this forum.

since77

Juniors
I've seen a few Melbourne games this year, from what I've seen of Mann as a centre, he's definitely not an improvement on what we already have in the centres, and I believe both Peter M and Aitken have plenty of upside left in them after what was their first long term spell in first grade.
What we really need is a decent winger.

giboz71

First Grade
I've seen a few Melbourne games this year, from what I've seen of Mann as a centre, he's definitely not an improvement on what we already have in the centres, and I believe both Peter M and Aitken have plenty of upside left in them after what was their first long term spell in first grade.
What we really need is a decent winger.

I was thinking the same thing.

No need to change our centre pairing. Peter M is a quality centre and has silky ball skills. Aitken had a great first year and will only get better (reminds me of Shaun Timmins, may end up in the backrow)

Mann is probably too slow to be a winger, more likely cover for fullback and half. Sure the trials will answer all our questions.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Marmin Barba has 29 tries for the Ipswich Jets this year playing on the wing & has genuine pace

DragonsBlood

Juniors
Mann ain't the star attacking centre - it's his third best position however I still think he will get a start there and can improve our team, will surprise many on this forum.

Jury Still out on Mann for me, but st.phil is spot on. I was having a beer at the Surfers Surf Club on the Saturday before the Titans game and was talking to this bloke who said his brother (didnt even say a friend of a friends cousin) coaches the Sunshine Coast team or whoever the Storm Feeder team is and his brother reckons Mann is a future gun but at fullback or in the halves and wasted in the centres. I guess time will tell

Slippery Morris

First Grade
All I know is with Mann, if he ends up a gun Mullholland is a genius, if he is crap it's Mary and Doust's fault.

He is no Cameron Munster that is for sure. That Munster is a gun. If only they could have snagged him instead.

Mr Red

First Grade
Apart from Dugan we have ZERO power runners in the backline...... Farrell...no, nighty...no...Aitken....no...Peter M .....no ...Mann.....no
Nabuli was supposed to address this but proved to be the softest running Fijian on the planet....
We need some serious size in the three quarter line and some explosive power ..... They are all flat out making a line break amongst them....