What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Over rated artists

LESStar58

Referee
I love controversy when it comes to music hence this thread.

We all cannot stand artists that our mates or people at large fawn over so let's discuss it here:

Nick Cave
Bob Dylan
Leonard Cohen

I have been kicked off Facebook forums for calling Dylan as boring as a dog's ass. I'm currently being subjected to Nick Cave at work right now and Halleluah is the most unnecessary song ever written and was made even worse by k.d. Lang's cover.

Discuss. Contribute.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
My list is extensive.
Here goes.

Cold Chisel/Jimmy Barnes
AC/DC - the Brian Johnson years
The Who
Bruce Springsteen
Any American mid/late 1970s band such as Chicago, Toto, Aerosmith, Kiss, Styx, Foreigner, The Eagles and so on and so on ad infinitum.
Faux punk bands such as The Ramones, Green Day, Blink-182, Pennywise, etc.
Nickleback and Creed - everybody's most over rated bands
Air Supply

That's Part 1 of 216 - and yes, I don't like these bands because they are over rated.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
My list is extensive.
Here goes.

Cold Chisel/Jimmy Barnes
The Who
Bruce Springsteen
Any American mid/late 1970s band such as Chicago, Toto, Aerosmith, Kiss, Styx, Foreigner, The Eagles and so on and so on ad infinitum.
Air Supply

That's Part 1 of 216 - and yes, I don't like these bands because they are over rated.
Would it be easier to ask you who you actually like?

Canard

Immortal
Air Supply? That's an oldie I'm guessing your going to struggle to find too many fans to argue with on this forum.

Radiohead for mine.

I don't mind a couple of there songs, even though they are a bit morose.

People shit their pants over Karma Police and I find it unlistenable.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Also agree on Radiohead, had one decent song.

Coldplay i just don't see it either, absolute boring crap.

U2 have been absolute Walrus shit since the early 90's as well, but people i know still jizz themselves over their new stuff which is truly woeful.

But the Beatles IMO are the most overrated band of all time, sure they wrote some great melodies but musically they were seriously average. Sure i do like some of their songs but greatest band of all time great??? No fricking way.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
But the Beatles IMO are the most overrated band of all time, sure they wrote some great melodies but musically they were seriously average. Sure i do like some of their songs but greatest band of all time great??? No fricking way.
For their time they were awesome. You have to remember they released hit after hit for 7 years. So many albums. These days you're lucky to get 3 albums in 7 years from just about anyone not named King gizzard. Listen to their first album from 63 then listen to Sgt pepper 4 years later. Their evolution was nothing short of incredible.

Look at them through a historical lense rather than a contemporary one - few old bands look good if you do the latter.

Danish

Referee
Any musicians that calls themselves “artists”.

That goes double for lead singers or solo artists that don’t even play an instrument.

and from the genre that I mostly listen to.......Rancid. 1 good album (and Out Come the Wolves) and nothing even decent for over 10 years

mongoose

Coach
I have to say Greenday

They either have good songs (mostly all from Dookie) or really annoying songs. I think they have more of the latter now...

Eelementary

Post Whore
My list is extensive.
Here goes.

Cold Chisel/Jimmy Barnes
The Who
Bruce Springsteen
Air Supply

Interesting...