What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pack weight

Quigs

Immortal
What's the pack weight of the Mighty Sharkies LU Forum 1st Graders.

We'd show em !!!!!

Inferno

Coach
What are they basing that on? Round 1 pack or full strength?

I suspect in each case our starting pack is far from settled.

Special K

Coach
That clarky kid is a bell end.

but probably explains why we get steam rolled down the middle every game

Quigs

Immortal
I am getting close to me fightin' weight so I am eating the cheesecakes again.

(Weights pretty good now)

Chimp

Bench
I’m more bothered about pack speed nowadays with the current rules - and ours can be WAY too slow. You need the speed to create a dent in the line, find your front and get a quick ptb, we lack that.
Toby, BHU and Talaki were the only ones who hit the line with any speed.
We need Feefs hitting the ball hard, fast and straight, and Wade owes us a huge year!
Woods I can cope with if he’s surrounded by forwards that make an impact - as he does make meters. The thought of Woods and Tolman on the pitch at the same time fills me with dread.

ghoti

Bench
Yeah that Clarkey guy is about as sharp as a yoga mat... my guess from those numbers is that he included hookers as part of the pack (Brails prob 10-15 kg lighter than the next heaviest 9) and who knows who he selected as the starters. Starting pack weight is misleading anyway if the two props play only half the game.

Interested in what Bomber has planned for the pack though.. Woods, Fifita, Tolman, BHU, Graham, Talakai, Nikora, Rudolph, Williams, Wilton and Hunt, Vasquez, Pele all fighting for limited spots. Am I missing anyone?? I feel like we're missing a creative middle forward.

Also really hope Graham gets his shit together this year... he's starting to remind me of Phil Bailey the way he stifles the left side

R-15-3

Bench
Yeah that Clarkey guy is about as sharp as a yoga mat... my guess from those numbers is that he included hookers as part of the pack (Brails prob 10-15 kg lighter than the next heaviest 9) and who knows who he selected as the starters. Starting pack weight is misleading anyway if the two props play only half the game.

Interested in what Bomber has planned for the pack though.. Woods, Fifita, Tolman, BHU, Graham, Talakai, Nikora, Rudolph, Williams, Wilton and Hunt, Vasquez, Pele all fighting for limited spots. Am I missing anyone?? I feel like we're missing a creative middle forward.

Also really hope Graham gets his shit together this year... he's starting to remind me of Phil Bailey the way he stifles the left side
Wade needs to swap with the half more in attack or get a lot faster ball for more variety, moving infield to draw the defence in more. At the moment the time it gets outside we have run out of room.

Stake Removed

First Grade

Mr Magoo you forgot

ghoti

Bench
Fifita certainly looks leaner, he now basically two stints of 20 minutes from him, he needs to be that impact prop

I think he'll have an ok year this year if used sparsely, he was junk in 2020 but he really shouldn't have been on the park with the weight and injuries he was carrying. Can see him lifting to make up for the past couple seasons and putting in some good games. Just can't expect him to be the Feefs of five years ago

Stake Removed

First Grade
I think he'll have an ok year this year if used sparsely, he was junk in 2020 but he really shouldn't have been on the park with the weight and injuries he was carrying. Can see him lifting to make up for the past couple seasons and putting in some good games. Just can't expect him to be the Feefs of five years ago
That's why get him on for those stints even if it's from 25th minute to 55th minute, players 30 minutes he gets break at half time.

And if needed say in last 10, he still has had another 15 minutes break.