What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paddington junior clubs

adamkungl

Immortal
So Paddo Colts has been revived, but what happened to Paddo Tigers? Can't seem to find any info about them online. Did they fold in the last 3-4 years?

H.H

Juniors
Yeah they folded last year mate - very sad.

I actually used to play for them in the '80's and had noticed in recent years they were down to as few as 5 teams or so.

They actually won an A Reserves title as recently as 2003 and were quite strong at that time, so not really sure how they slid so quickly from there.

Great to see Colts are back though...I also hear that some feasability studies are being done in areas like Woolloomoolloo and Rose Bay etc to see if more clubs can be brought back.

Let's hope so.

H.H

Juniors
How many teams are the colts fielding? Up to seniors or just juniors?

I think their aim is around 10 or so sides, including seniors. Not sure how that's tracking just yet.

For A Grade, their aim is to replace Kingsgrove Colts as the feeder team for the players who don't make the cut for 20's each week. Guess they'd play that side in the combined Sydney comp. might be a year or two away I reckon.

kbw

Bench
They will have to play any senior side in the Souths Juniors Competition.
I hope the colts get off the ground, esp with young mini and mods teams.
But I hear they are pissing alot people off and not making too many friends.

It was def sad to see the Paddo Tigers fold, a nice little club.

It's great to see an old club like Paddo Colts back. I hope they bring some new players to the game and the 10 sides aren't just filled with players moving from other clubs because of the hype around Joey and Fletch being involved.

H.H

Juniors
They will have to play any senior side in the Souths Juniors Competition.
I hope the colts get off the ground, esp with young mini and mods teams.
But I hear they are pissing alot people off and not making too many friends.

It was def sad to see the Paddo Tigers fold, a nice little club.

Yep, sounds like Colts.

In what way are they doing that though?

adamkungl

Immortal
So as a district we haven't actually gained anything. One Paddo team up, one down. Disappointing.

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
I was a player for the Paddo Tigers between early 90’s-early 00’s. Even though I moved away from Sydney years ago I still would try to keep tabs on how well my first ever club was going. I was saddened to see that the old club had fallen by the way side.

So many memories at that club, a great rivalry with the Clovelly Crocs, and multiple GF’s in the late 90s & 00s. I hope they can manage to claw their way back from adversity as the Tigers had done so many times before, especially in the Souths Juniors comp.

kbw

Bench
The Tigers were a terrific club run by good people.
The colts on the other hand are run disgracefully and a lot of people wish they had never been allowed back

We need the Vaucluse Vulcans and the Rose Bay Rovers back, training at Christison Park and Lyne Park respectively every Tuesday and Thursday evening. They can take on the Colts and the Crocodiles, until we reclaim Coogee as our own area, stolen from us by the NSWRL on behalf of the South Sydney club.

kbw

Bench
With all the talk about teams being taken by Souths etc its an often ignored fact that when Easts were still running their own comp, the Colts jumped ship voluntarily and became a Souths Junior club while the others stayed. So when they folded a while ago they were infact a Souths club not an Easts club.

H.H

Juniors
Yeah and that was a massive mistake, which they acknowledged.

Anyway, I'm glad they're back, guess they've put a few people off side which isn't great but hopefully it settles down.

Latest posts