What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers Back To Back

Kid

Juniors
I know it's only round 5, and no, i don't go for the Panthers or particularly like them, but i can't see anyone beating them for the title this year. Only a big injury toll (of which they have been relatively free of so far) is what i believe can stop them. They are just too big, fast and strong. If i hear someone else is the benchmark again i will hit the roof, as the Panthers, being the premiers, and hitting the ground running this year, ARE the benchmark.

Johns Magic

Referee
Yeah, they look the goods so far this year. But don't go writing off any other teams just yet, because alot can change in 26 rounds. Just look at Penrith last year- from no-hopers( or so we assumed) to champions. It just goes to show that any team could win it

Kid

Juniors
roosterbooster1 said:
2 words... rep season
I don't think they will lose too many mate, thats the problem, everyone seems to still think they were lucky last year and are still letting them sneak under the radar this year. It's time they were given the credit they deserve.

Johns Magic

Referee
I don't think they will lose too many

Possible rep players:

Wesser
Lewis
Rooney
Campbell
Gower
Clinton
Gulavao
Puletua
Waterhouse
Ross

Knowing the selectors, only Gower, Wesser, the hair bears, Clinton and Waterhouse will be chosen although others e.g. Campbell should be there

Kid

Juniors
How many times do we sit here and say who should be in as opposed to who actually gets in? They deserve strong presence in the sides, but i believe they will probably only get 4 in.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Today we were very lucky to get away with the win against the Storm. 24-6 up we should have went on with it but we let them back in the game and i thought Storm were gonna win at one stage. They are definately our 'bogey team' im just happy we came away with the win.

Eels Dude

Coach
Anyone can have an off day. Penrith deserve premiership favouritism but there are several teams who can match them on a good day.

ouwet

Bench
Premierships aren't won in April...
Roosters are still favourites for me... Then Penrith with Canterbury, Raiders, Melbourne bein the main challenger too them two.

Kid

Juniors
LebaneseForces said:
Premierships aren't won in April...
Roosters are still favourites for me... Then Penrith with Canterbury, Raiders, Melbourne bein the main challenger too them two.
Thanks mate, sorry i thought the G/F was on April 25th.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Look, I'm as fanatical and as confident as the next Penrith supporter, but I think it's way to early to suggest with any certainty that Penrith will go back to back this year. It's only round 5... anything and everything can happen including injuries and Rep commitments. Not to mention there are 14 other clubs that are just as hungry as us.

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg