What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers Stadium renamed 2018

OldPanther

Coach
http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2017/08/29/major_announcement_p.html

Penrith Panthers is delighted to announce the club's iconic home ground in Penrith will soon be known as Panthers Stadium.

Following a successful naming rights partnership with Pepper Money over the last three years, the Panthers Group has elected to retain the venue’s naming rights moving forward.

The transition from Pepper Stadium to Panthers Stadium will officially occur on January 1, 2018.

Panthers Group Chairman Dave O’Neill said the decision is considered a major investment in the Panthers brand.

"In retaining the naming rights, Panthers intends to use the reach of the NRL to further promote the Panthers brand both nationally and overseas," Mr O'Neill said.

"This is a significant commitment from Panthers to the Penrith region, the game of Rugby League and the members who have shared so many special moments at our beloved home ground over the last five decades.

"We look forward to adding another memorable chapter to our club's proud history as the Panthers take the field at Panthers Stadium in 2018."

GongPanther

Referee
Wasn't Penrith Stadium supoosed to have a overall refit? Something was on the cards,but I don't know what happened. Was it something to do with Parra getting their nod?

darkbloom

Juniors
Good move but I'm a Penrith Stadium person as well.

It is an interesting move given their selling off so much in recent years, Selling off assets provide for future financial stability but refuse to sell a stadium name - doesn't really make much sense to me, even though I applaud the move to something I prefer - Panthers Stadium - to everything else except Penrith Stadium.

OldPanther

Coach
Good move but I'm a Penrith Stadium person as well.

It is an interesting move given their selling off so much in recent years, Selling off assets provide for future financial stability but refuse to sell a stadium name - doesn't really make much sense to me, even though I applaud the move to something I prefer - Panthers Stadium - to everything else except Penrith Stadium.

I agree on the Penrith Stadium thing but I get what they are doing. They are building a brand that is their own rather than doing something like Manly and Lottoland.

darkbloom

Juniors
I agree on the Penrith Stadium thing but I get what they are doing. They are building a brand that is their own rather than doing something like Manly and Lottoland.
Perhaps you are right but in reality the Panthers brand has had high awareness and distant reach for a long long time. Stadium naming rights might contribute a bit, I guess.

Maybe that is the reason or maybe Pepper has got what theyw anted from the sponsorship and an inability to get the right price has led to the same decision that Parramatta made about their jersey sponsor. A decision to make the best of necessity rather than a strategic move.

OldPanther

Coach
Perhaps you are right but in reality the Panthers brand has had high awareness and distant reach for a long long time. Stadium naming rights might contribute a bit, I guess.

Maybe that is the reason or maybe Pepper has got what theyw anted from the sponsorship and an inability to get the right price has led to the same decision that Parramatta made about their jersey sponsor. A decision to make the best of necessity rather than a strategic move.

I heard pepper money has just been bought out or in the process of by some American company.

ashton

Juniors
Why would we give up half a million dollars in naming rights sponsorship? It doesn't make sense.......the same as having NSW cup side play under Penrith when we could be St Marys Windsor or Blacktown and save another $500,000

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Why would we give up half a million dollars in naming rights sponsorship? It doesn't make sense.......the same as having NSW cup side play under Penrith when we could be St Marys Windsor or Blacktown and save another $500,000

Maybe their are no credible bidders for naming rights next year. I always prefer Penrith Stadium and thats what I call it. I never liked nor did I call Penrith: Credit Union Australia Stadium, Centrebet Stadium,Sportingbet Stadium or Pepper Stadium. I will put up with it if the club needs the money.

darkbloom

Juniors
Agree.It does not make sense especially given the organisation's intent on selling assets. I think the most likely reason for this announcement is they have not found anyone to replace Pepper.

tripster

Juniors
Agree.It does not make sense especially given the organisation's intent on selling assets. I think the most likely reason for this announcement is they have not found anyone to replace Pepper.

Agree, I think that's the unfortunate reality.

If some company offered $1,000,000 a season to call it Merkin Stadium the club would probably take it. Didn't the Sharks come very close to taking on Ashley Madison as a jersey sponsor a few years ago?

Pomoz

Bench
Can't agree with the part about NSW Cup. That team is part of the clubs pathway and should never, ever have been given to St Mary's. There has been a noticeable improvement win the manner in which our juniors debut since NSW cup was brought back in-house. You don't out-source a core operation.

ashton

Juniors
Can't agree with the part about NSW Cup. That team is part of the clubs pathway and should never, ever have been given to St Mary's. There has been a noticeable improvement win the manner in which our juniors debut since NSW cup was brought back in-house. You don't out-source a core operation.
Well the roosters have Wyong, Manly have Blacktown, Canberra have Mounties and Parramatta have Wentworthville Brisbane and Nth Qld both have feeder clubs etc it's about saving money and winning NRL premierships not winning NSW cup. We already have about 50 million debt.

Latest posts