What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v. Heels

Vicpanther

Juniors
The ref and video ref were bloody horrible. I don't believe it cost us but definitely didn't help.
Penalty count was rediculous and they constantly got 6 agains in good position.
But it never should have got to that. We looked incredibly tired.

Dodgy

Juniors
Sorry guys, it's my fault.

I was having a chat with a less knowledgeable AFL mate down here and told him I was thinking of putting a tenner on us going undefeated.

As an Everton fan, I should be a lot more humble.

I promise I won't do that again.

Smug Panther

First Grade

I was having a chat with a less knowledgeable AFL mate down here and told him I was thinking of putting a tenner on us going undefeated.

You deserve to be a Bitters fan

Munky

Coach

Everton and Panthers fans

Arrested Development Tobias GIF

Munky

Coach
I've calmed down a bit.

I'm still of the opinion we only dip into the bag of tricks when we have a good lead and now when we are down and playing catch up.

Kenny/Salmon both offer nothing off the bench without an injury.

Carrying both is madness.

Edit: Infections can mess with the brain so hopefully after the anti biotics Ivan comes to his senses re team selection (wishing him well in recovery, leg Infections the annoying f**kers love to come back from personal experience).

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
I only caught the 2nd half. I didn't think Parra looked in it and only looked like a matter of time before they'd be rolled over. I feel like with all the domination but Penrith did very little with the ball. They seemed comfortable just letting the clock tick down and tiring the Eels out. Needed to put the sword to them when on the rope.
Credit to Parra for digging deep. Held on and when had a few chances scored.
I forgot how good Too is. 250mtrs 1st game back.
Penisini flick pass was great. Gutherson stood up and bestgame all year. Concerning we have beaten the Storm and Panthers at their home grounds but lose to Tigers and Cowboys at home.

Drop ball by Fish, Yeo and Edwards letting the ball bounce where huge moments. As was Kikua charge down.
Anyhows it was a great game of footy. With 3 to go and up by 8 I felt relaxed. But to Penriths credit they almost took it to extra point. It was a great finish to a exciting game of footy.

hindy111

Post Whore
I've calmed down a bit.

I'm still of the opinion we only dip into the bag of tricks when we have a good lead and now when we are down and playing catch up.

Kenny/Salmon both offer nothing off the bench without an injury.

Carrying both is madness.

Edit: Infections can mess with the brain so hopefully after the anti biotics Ivan comes to his senses re team selection (wishing him well in recovery).

Agree. They had parra on the ropes and had to kill them off. Where the superior side for 25mins of that 2nd half.
Eels looked done. But played a bit to safe. Need to get a bit more adventurous perhaps. But bounce of ball favoured Parra tonight

unKwn

Juniors
Think of it this way. Parra played the game of their lives while we played far from our best and only lost by 2

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Agree. They had parra on the ropes and had to kill them off. Where the superior side for 25mins of that 2nd half.
Eels looked done. But played a bit to safe. Need to get a bit more adventurous perhaps. But bounce of ball favoured Parra tonight
We do not know how to finish it off, so many chances in other games too, only time for a better team like Parra to catch us underwear.

Munky

Coach
If this game gets Salmon out of the 17 then its worth it. Being shit in many positions doesn't make you a utility

I was willing to give him a chance until a game that mattered.

He's done quicker than Daniel Russell in 2004.

Momo for all his faults got the job done and even won us a game against Souths last year