What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parking at Ausgrid Stadium

Glen

Bench
So I'm trekking up from Sydney with a few mates to Newcastle for the game this Saturday. First trip to the stadium and wondering how you go for parking there? I checked the website and it mentioned a couple of carparks but I'm guessing they fill up pretty quick.

Any tips?

Frederick

Staff member
Park on the streets around the houses opposite...will be much easier to get out after the game. Also, it's free.

Newynut

Juniors
You have to get there pretty early to get a free park nearby.
Last game we got there a half hour before gates opened and there were none left.
Just pay the $7 and park inside. It was only a minute or so for us to get out last game.

Apey

Staff member
What Fred said. Park in the streets opposite the stadium.

Glen

Bench
Cool thanks guys, I'll be there pretty early so I'll go roaming on the backstreets first. Actually it's pretty obvious after having a better look at a map. Cheers

Serc

First Grade
Yeah I don't even live in Newcastle and know a few places to park for free on game day...especially if you get there when gates open (which is usually 2-3 hours before first grade kicks off). I always try to get there in time for NYC so on the occasions I have my car, I manage to park within 2 mins walk of the northern entry every time :)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Streets around the ground are your best bet, or there's also a council carpark down past the set of traffic lights at the northern end; probably a 5-10 min walk :)

As JD just said Council carpark is also another free park, its about ten minutes walk north of the stadium on Turton Road. Very easy to get out of too as long as you DONT want to head South back to Sydney along the Highway, better off picking up Griffiths Road and head straight for the Link road onto the F3.

Latest posts