What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Officially Out of Semi Finals

ouryears

Bench
I reckon that there is more chance of life on Venus than there is of Parra making the semis this year.

I have come across numerous things suggesting Mars has been conlonised by humans in the last 60 years or so. A blind mystic called Baba Vanga, who has apparently had many of her prophecies come true, said that a colony on Mars will gain nuclear weapons and demand independence from Earth.
Frank, they might be coming, only 2 wins out of top 8 now, but they will need to win their next 3 to 4 in a row I would think

mickeylane

Bench
Please tell Mickey to predict we won’t win the comp.... just so we will
You guys are dreamers! Parra is finished no chance, finito, think about next year.. They need to get on a run and it's too hard In this comp to do so - let me put it in perspective for you just so you don't think I'm a smart arse or something.
They need another 12 wins out of the next 16 games to make the semis which will be 30 points cut off.. So they can only afford 4 more losses.

They are yet to face :
BRISBANE in BRISBANE
MELBOURNE in MELBOURNE
Sharks at Shark park
Dragons at Win
PENRITH at PENRITH
Tigers at Leichardt!!
Cowboys in Townsville
Knights in Newcastle
Roosters at SFS
SOUTHS at ANZ

Are you cracking jokes that they won't lose 4 more games??? The question you should be asking is - can they win 4 more games??

mickeylane

Bench
Btw we are top 3 bound and hopefully grand final bound - the team is running on the energy of being embarrassed too many times - too much determination from this lot - won't fail this year !

ouryears

Bench
You guys are dreamers! Parra is finished no chance, finito, think about next year.. They need to get on a run and it's too hard In this comp to do so - let me put it in perspective for you just so you don't think I'm a smart arse or something.
They need another 12 wins out of the next 16 games to make the semis which will be 30 points cut off.. So they can only afford 4 more losses.

They are yet to face :
BRISBANE in BRISBANE
MELBOURNE in MELBOURNE
Sharks at Shark park
Dragons at Win
PENRITH at PENRITH
Tigers at Leichardt!!
Cowboys in Townsville
Knights in Newcastle
Roosters at SFS
SOUTHS at ANZ

Are you cracking jokes that they won't lose 4 more games??? The question you should be asking is - can they win 4 more games??
Ha, Touche to you Mickey!

It will be hard, but nothing is impossible. Maybe 80-20 against.

I am just worried that what you sometimes say....the opposite happens. Lol

Old Timer

Coach

They are yet to face :
BRISBANE in BRISBANE
MELBOURNE in MELBOURNE
Sharks at Shark park
Dragons at Win
PENRITH at PENRITH
Tigers at Leichardt!!
Cowboys in Townsville
Knights in Newcastle
Roosters at SFS
SOUTHS at ANZ

As a previous post pointed out your mathematics is poor.
If the top couple of team run away and the rest all cannibalise each other the Eels can still easily make the semis.
They are only 2 wins out of the eight as it stands now with 16 more games to go so a small winning streak by them and a some back to back losses just above them will even it up very quickly.
What they do need is some big margin wins as F/A is a problem for them and several other teams as well.

Gareth67

First Grade
Mickylane - buddy did you ever hear the story about the young rooster who kept on -cockle - doodle - dooing - very early in the morning, in fact far too early ? Well he ended up on the dinner plate for a Sunday lunch . :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
boys please....better bet is Cowboys making the top 4 - Parra played a happless team in total turmoil....

Cows wont make the 8, let alone the top 4.

Top 4 ? no chance. Zero / Zip / Nada. As we speak they are equal last.

Sorry Mickey.

Parra have a better chance of making the 8 than the Cows do. Neither will come close to a top 4.

NQ to me seem way off the pace. Very vulnerable.

Old Timer

Coach
Now 2 wins away from the 8th...
At last some sensibility and simple mathematics applied to the thread.
I fully expect Parra to make the semis in this topsy turvy comp and maybe finish as high as 6th as there will be lots of cannibalisation at that level of the comp.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I fully expect Parra to make the semis in this topsy turvy comp and maybe finish as high as 6th as there will be lots of cannibalisation at that level of the comp.
You fully expect Parra to make the semi's and maybe finish has high as 6th. lol Do you think they will beat Cronulla this weekend? I don't. Did you read Mickey's post of who they play away for the rest of the competition?

Parra have only beaten Manly and Wests this year. Do you think either of them will be making the top 8?

Old Timer

Coach
You fully expect Parra to make the semi's and maybe finish has high as 6th. lol Do you think they will beat Cronulla this weekend? I don't. Did you read Mickey's post of who they play away for the rest of the competition?

Parra have only beaten Manly and Wests this year. Do you think either of them will be making the top 8?
I believe the teams in the middle all have great chances of beating one another.
Out of all of them I believe that Parra have the most potential upside compared to their rivals.
They are quite capable of beating Cronulla as I believe they have more genuine strike power but of course it needs to click because if it is a close struggle the Sharks will win the grind.
Re mickeylanes posts I have read many of them over the years and I would have to say his win % on his predictions is lower than Parra's chances to make the semis.

ouryears

Bench
I think what Mickey days is true, they can only afford to lose 4 more matches. How is his maths wrong?

The Eels could also go on another losing streak, their pack is crap.

Manly, Dogs, Parra all crap.
Titans, Cowboys can join them.

Brisbane, Warriors, Souths, Cronulla, Tigers, Canberra, Newcastle all have better credentials than Parra

Dragon's, Storm, Panthers, Roosters should get there.

Pretty sure Parra will lose a few more in a row

Old Timer

Coach
I think what Mickey days is true, they can only afford to lose 4 more matches. How is his maths wrong?

The Eels could also go on another losing streak, their pack is crap.

Manly, Dogs, Parra all crap.
Titans, Cowboys can join them.

Brisbane, Warriors, Souths, Cronulla, Tigers, Canberra, Newcastle all have better credentials than Parra

Dragon's, Storm, Panthers, Roosters should get there.

Pretty sure Parra will lose a few more in a row
So you discount the Warriors entirely?
This comp is more even in the middle and lower positions than many of the previous years as identified by Newcastle and Tigpies position on the ladder at this time.
Not so sure who you think will actually make the 8 but entirely possible for some teams in the 8 at the moment to free fall out of it.
2 wins only separate 7th (on 8 points) & 16th (on 4 points) with 32 points on offer plus a bye = 34 points.
If all teams 7 - 16 except Parra go 50 / 50 wins and losses 7th would finish on as low as 26 points so Parra would need to win 10 games to get to that position.
10 games out of 16 means they could lose 6 matches in fact.
Whilst it is yours and mickeylane's belief that Parra are dead ducks simple mathematics says it is not impossible for them to make the 8.
If Newcastle and Tigpies went into free fall due to injuries etc then they could drop a few extra games and that could mean the equation could apply to as high as 5th & 6th position.

Lovemedragons

Juniors

They are yet to face :
BRISBANE in BRISBANE
MELBOURNE in MELBOURNE
Sharks at Shark park
Dragons at Win
PENRITH at PENRITH
Tigers at Leichardt!!
Cowboys in Townsville
Knights in Newcastle
Roosters at SFS
SOUTHS at ANZ

I love it when a man doubles down, but you are right in that it is a pretty tough road for them but they are a team I am always wary of until the embers are completely out.....2009.

ouryears

Bench
This comp is more even in the middle and lower positions than many of the previous years as identified by Newcastle and Tigpies position on the ladder at this time.
Not so sure who you think will actually make the 8 but entirely possible for some teams in the 8 at the moment to free fall out of it.
2 wins only separate 7th (on 8 points) & 16th (on 4 points) with 32 points on offer plus a bye = 34 points.
If all teams 7 - 16 except Parra go 50 / 50 wins and losses 7th would finish on as low as 26 points so Parra would need to win 10 games to get to that position.
Whilst it is yours and mickeylane's belief that Parra are dead ducks simple mathematics says it is not impossible for them to make the 8.
If Newcastle and Tigpies went into free fall due to injuries etc then they could drop a few extra games and that could mean the equation could apply to as high as 5th & 6th position.
I put warriors in the good credentials list on original post.
Top 5-8.

Top 8 for sure is very hard to predict accurately.

But mine are
DRAGONS
STORM
PANTHERS
ROOSTERS
WARRIORS
SOUTHS
BRONCOS
SHARKS

Just Miss out.
TIGERS
NEWCASTLE
RAIDERS

Then Everyone else.

Agree with you OT

Any team in the top half barring Melbourne is capable of missing the 8

Old Timer

Coach
I put warriors in the good credentials list on original post.
Top 5-8.

Top 8 for sure is very hard to predict accurately.

But mine are
DRAGONS
STORM
PANTHERS
ROOSTERS
WARRIORS
SOUTHS
BRONCOS
SHARKS

Just Miss out.
TIGERS
NEWCASTLE
RAIDERS

Then Everyone else.
I understand that this is your opinion and no doubt you have reasons for thinking that way.
My observation is that to say mathematically they can't make the 8 is entirely incorrect.
IMO Newcastle and Tigpies have done well to date but could easily lose 2 or 3 in a row but by tight margins as that is the type of footy they are playing.
Broncos, Sharks could easily suffer from injuries and fall down the ladder as they don't have a lot of depth.
Raiders I believe have ability but the coach holds that team back and they could easily implode and see Ricky out on his ear as he has prior form in not getting results after a year or two.
Parra I believe whilst playing poorly have strike power and a good coach who can get the best out of them and could potentially jump the teams above them.
All of it is only my belief and at this point of the season it is not only mathematically possible for any of the teams to make the semis it is also possible for any team to not make it.

ouryears

Bench
I understand that this is your opinion and no doubt you have reasons for thinking that way.
My observation is that to say mathematically they can't make the 8 is entirely incorrect.
IMO Newcastle and Tigpies have done well to date but could easily lose 2 or 3 in a row but by tight margins as that is the type of footy they are playing.
Broncos, Sharks could easily suffer from injuries and fall down the ladder as they don't have a lot of depth.
Raiders I believe have ability but the coach holds that team back and they could easily implode and see Ricky out on his ear as he has prior form in not getting results after a year or two.
Parra I believe whilst playing poorly have strike power and a good coach who can get the best out of them and could potentially jump the teams above them.
All of it is only my belief and at this point of the season it is not only mathematically possible for any of the teams to make the semis it is also possible for any team to not make it.

For sure what you say could happen OT, Parra could make up the deficit and jump into the top 8. It will be a very interesting month ahead.

The next month will answer a lot of questions we all have.

Parras pack looks a little short of getting them there, but they possibly could. Next few games are big for them.

Cronulla will also be desperate this week vs Parra.

Old Timer

Coach
For sure what you say could happen OT, Parra could make up the deficit and jump into the top 8. It will be a very interesting month ahead.

The next month will answer a lot of questions we all have.

Parras pack looks a little short of getting them there, but they possibly could. Next few games are big for them.

Cronulla will also be desperate this week vs Parra.
Wouldn't be too surprised to see Parra do a number on the Sharks.
Every ten years or so you get a comp like this where a couple of teams will streak away and the rest will be fighting it out week to week and you might not know 4 or 5 final positions until a couple of weeks before seasons end.
I firmly believe that this comp has a potential for teams to have losing streaks longer than winning streaks but much of that will depend on whether the refs keep administering their new found interpretations of the rules as I am positive that played a significant part in how the comp started for several teams.
Thank god we adjusted quicker than everyone else and that is a big tick for our fitness team.