What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

JokerEel

Coach
The top 30 isn’t stopping him from becoming a ‘contracted CUP player’ ffs. It hasn’t stopped some of the nuffies named in reserve grade this week.

Maybe it is? Is there a limit on how many players they can sign or promote?

It's fine not like our coaching staff have got it wrong before 😂

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ffs Danny Levi is shit but still shows their shit players are still up to playing first grade..

While ours are in RMC 🤦🏼
They’re in RMC because we’re trying to push them out, not because they can’t handle reserve grade. They already proved their ability in reserve grade. It’s why we signed them ffs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So they are shit..
Every club has shit players ffs. Even Canberra. Clubs had shit players when there were only 16 squads to fill. It’s worse since last year.

I doubt we’re replacing these shit players with players who aren’t shit. They’ll just be younger and have more potential. As bad as you thought Momoisea was in first grade last year, there’s a decent chance Talagi goes no better this weekend. He might even get absolutely destroyed. And it’s possible (due to his high potential and resulting demand) that he is already on bigger money than Momoisea ever was.

JokerEel

Coach
Every club has shit players ffs. Even Canberra. Clubs had shit players when there were only 16 squads to fill. It’s worse since last year.

I doubt we’re replacing these shit players with players who aren’t shit. They’ll just be younger and have more potential. As bad as you thought Momoisea was in first grade last year, there’s a decent chance Talagi goes no better this weekend. He might even get absolutely destroyed. And it’s possible (due to his high potential and resulting demand) that he is already on bigger money than Momoisea ever was.

Imagine that instead of signing shit players that are destined to play RMC you use those spots for younger players with potential!

I don't care what's someone is on just stop signing shit players....

As much as you try to deny it we have made some f**king terrible decision in recruitment over the past few years Delly will tell you Jennings has been gone for over 4 season and we still haven't produced another centre apart from Penisini..

Only thing I am going to comment on Talagi is that he probably is a year early from playing first grade. He needed to follow Gutho around for a year and learnt what makes him such a fighter. I have watched Talagi in the first CUP game and wasn't impressed with his desperation in defence.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Imagine that instead of signing shit players that are destined to play RMC
Nobody's destined for anywhere. It's up to them. Momoisea was playing well in reserve grade (and getting NRL opportunities) and Moretti wasn't. One declined and the other improved. Destiny had nothing to do with it.
you use those spots for younger players with potential!
Young players with potential don't want to be on minimum salary, learning their trade in NSW Cup. They want to be playing first grade on big money. Look at Ethan Sanders.
I don't care what's someone is on just stop signing shit players....
Of course you don't care, you don't have to fit them under the cap.
As much as you try to deny it we have made some f**king terrible decision in recruitment over the past few years
Which decisions? You don't think we have a good squad? Most of you pissed your knickers over us missing the eight last year so you obviously think we have a strong top 17. That comes at the cost of less money to spend at the bottom of the top 30. The salary cap is a literal zero sum system.
Delly will tell you Jennings has been gone for over 4 season and we still haven't produced another centre apart from Penisini..
Penisini is a gun. Last year (aged 21) he was third among all centres for linebreaks and tackled at 86%
Only thing I am going to comment on Talagi is that he probably is a year early from playing first grade.
Well if you spend your backup money on "younger players with potential" you're going to be forced to play them too soon. It's how the market and the salary cap work.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
homer simpson sleeping GIF

JokerEel

Coach
Nobody's destined for anywhere. It's up to them. Momoisea was playing well in reserve grade (and getting NRL opportunities) and Moretti wasn't. One declined and the other improved. Destiny had nothing to do with it.

Young players with potential don't want to be on minimum salary, learning their trade in NSW Cup. They want to be playing first grade on big money. Look at Ethan Sanders.

Of course you don't care, you don't have to fit them under the cap.

Which decisions? You don't think we have a good squad? Most of you pissed your knickers over us missing the eight last year so you obviously think we have a strong top 17. That comes at the cost of less money to spend at the bottom of the top 30. The salary cap is a literal zero sum system.

Penisini is a gun. Last year (aged 21) he was third among all centres for linebreaks and tackled at 86%

Well if you spend your backup money on "younger players with potential" you're going to be forced to play them too soon. It's how the market and the salary cap work.

A lot of loser talk in this post I am afraid.

Panthers Juniors signed up for years playing in CUP.
Raiders Juniors in CUP
Roosters Juniors in CUP

We somehow need to sign RMC players to play in our CUP side 🤦🏼

Lots and lots of loser talk in your post Pou Pou.